X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John.
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post
    That’s really weird, it just plugs in with an O ring, should just pop out if the bolts are undone. I wonder if someone has glued it in with sealant at some point?
    Was thinking the same, it should just fall apart ?

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    That’s really weird, it just plugs in with an O ring, should just pop out if the bolts are undone. I wonder if someone has glued it in with sealant at some point?

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Slight update my garage can’t remove the intercooler from the cross member at all. They’ve tried everything so looks like the route left is Wagner full kit. Which is the correct one to go for? Alex has been kind enough to quote me for custom IC but no point if old one can’t come off with everything else being damaged? Anyone else recently gone with Wagner please and thoughts please.

Leave a comment:

• nick
    replied
    Yes if you can send it to me i can probably repair the original intercooler by tig welding any hole's or cracks.

Leave a comment:

• s2driveruk
    replied
    I would be tempted to ali weld it if at all possible

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    It will be interesting to see where the hole is. Normally they only get damaged in an accident when the bottom pulley hits the back.
    Otherwise I guess it might be a stone in the front.
    Leakage from the O ring where the IC plugs into the crossmember is very common, I would recommend you do the Mark H mod when the new one is fitted.
    Thanks for the heads up mate.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    It will be interesting to see where the hole is. Normally they only get damaged in an accident when the bottom pulley hits the back.
    Otherwise I guess it might be a stone in the front.
    Leakage from the O ring where the IC plugs into the crossmember is very common, I would recommend you do the Mark H mod when the new one is fitted.

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Actually, are you sure it’s the IC leaking? It could be the dreaded O ring, it might just need the MarkH mod doing?
    Yeah its the IC unfort. They put smoke in the system to see where the leak was and it came from the IC. We will see what happens, theres no issues getting the bumper off its dismantling the IC thats proving tricky!

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Actually, are you sure it’s the IC leaking? It could be the dreaded O ring, it might just need the MarkH mod doing?

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Ha Ha!! Will keep all in the loop as my garage Autobahn having problems taking it off, I think they dread when I bring the S2 as I usually have a list the length of my arm but theyve done a great job over the years
    Should be easy as you’ve had new wings put on recently then the bumper has been off so the bolts won’t be seized.
    Honestly with the bumper out of the way it’s a very simple job.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Bargain!

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post

The car or the wife?
    Ha Ha!! Will keep all in the loop as my garage Autobahn having problems taking it off, I think they dread when I bring the S2 as I usually have a list the length of my arm but theyve done a great job over the years

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
    I'm sure someone here is sitting on a good used one after upgrading?
    Hoping someone might but problem with 2nd hand is you never know the true condition of it so probably will bit the bullit

Leave a comment:

• Ian Simmonds
    replied
    Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

The wife’s not impressed!! It’s lasted 25 years so hasn’t done too bad just the timing isn’t great
    The car or the wife?

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    I'm sure someone here is sitting on a good used one after upgrading?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X