Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anthonys2
    replied
    Pleased to report that my S2 feels much better. Took it out for an hours drive yesterday afternoon and no issues at all. Happy now that all issues have been sorted and thanks for everyone’s advice on here you’ve all been a great help thanks.

Next job on the agenda next year is to sort headlining just starting a sag a little and then refurbish the alloys and also might look at get the headlights refurbed as well then my car will be mint lol!!

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Ok picked up my S2 yesterday afternoon. Took it careful at 1st to warm up as usual and put some V power in and then give it a blast and seemed good. About a mile away from Home coming to a junction slowing down so foot was off accelerator and changed down gear got round corner and a slight bit of hesitation like a little hiccup. But then for the next mile or so was normal. Might give it a blast today. It’s also not had much useage since June which for my S2 is a little unusual as I love to drive mine at the weekend where possible. See what happens this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• vonbeck
    replied
    hope you get it sorted matey, I have the boost leak plug kit with the valve in if you need a borrow

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Originally posted by sam80quattro View Post
    I’ve got a smoke/boost leak tester if you want to borrow it..
    Thanks for the offer mate appreciate that but it’s ok.

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post
    Have you done a proper boost leak test?

Which part did you need to get?
    Yeah all done and they’ve said it’s the N75 boost valve if that makes sense?? New one coming from Germany

Leave a comment:

• sam80quattro
    replied
    I’ve got a smoke/boost leak tester if you want to borrow it..

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Have you done a proper boost leak test?

Which part did you need to get?

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Another update..... The joys of owning these cars put everything together took it for a road test and same issue. They did tell me the part required and was only available on German eBay so that’s now on order. Pain in the **** lol!!

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Pleased to report picked up what looked like a brand new IC from Advanced Radiators yesterday and dropped off at my garage. They did say it was a proper pain to remove crossmember but they did separate. Hopefully picking up the S2 next week.

Also have to say a big thank you to Alex as well for his huge offer of help

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    After speaking to Anthony's mechanic, it sounds like the intercooler and cross member has been messed wiht before, because they said the tube inside the cross member is 100% made of sime kind of plastic and not joined with a slip joint and o-ring as I told them if should be. I suspect whoever has messed with it before has bonded the cooler to the tube which is why they can't separate it.
    Thanks Alex. Appreciate your help. I have dropped both IC and CM off at Advanced Radiators to see what they can do next. If it can be repaired without dismantling from CM then happy days lol. If not back to square one again and going into lockdown on Thursday could really slow down any progress.

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    After speaking to Anthony's mechanic, it sounds like the intercooler and cross member has been messed wiht before, because they said the tube inside the cross member is 100% made of sime kind of plastic and not joined with a slip joint and o-ring as I told them if should be. I suspect whoever has messed with it before has bonded the cooler to the tube which is why they can't separate it.

Leave a comment:

• anthonys2
    replied
    I’ve just got a couple of poor pics on my phone probably don’t show much. Am going back up this morning to speak to them I was also going to speak to a company called Advanced Radiators based in Newcastle as they might be able to assist with repair. But everyone is right it should easily dismantle. Bloody frustrating tbh.

Leave a comment:

• SteveH
    replied
    It doesn't sound like you mechanics are being very creative with the work!

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    The full Wagner kit (which I have on my coupe) includes the reverse manifold and quite a lot of work which is completely unnecessary on a standard car. You need to take the crossmember and IC off in one and separate them so you can re-use the crossmember. Or get the IC welded while still attached to the CM. It’s probably just corroded in place and needs a bit of plus gas and heat and a wiggle.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by John. View Post

Was thinking the same, it should just fall apart ?
    We need pics!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X