Insurance Time again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
    How did you get an agreed value of £20k from AF? Was this over the phone or did you have to submit photos etc? I am struggled with this aspect of the insurance with AF, and have argued on the phone about their agreed value process.

Thanks,

Steve
    Hi Steve I told them that A Plan had agreed 20k valuation (which they did) and they said they would match it. I would have to provide photos which won’t be a problem. They also scrapped the £15 fee for this also. My original quote came in at £194 a little jump up from last year but agreed at £170 so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by vonbeck View Post

last year I asked to raise my agreed value which I had had with with flux for 3/4 years, from 15k to 18k. Up till then all I had to do was send 6 pics of the car, front ,back, left side ,right side ,interior and mileage, and fill in a form stating mods not a problem. When I asked to increase to 18k they said I would need to supply an independent valuation report from one of two company's (which they recommended ) at a cost to me of course, before they would even consider the higher agreed value, Needless to say I didn't and left it at 15k. So when this years renewal appeared and i saw this thread with Anthony's and your premium i told them to suck my c**k
      I have pm`d Anthony to ask him something if its ok i will pm you and ask you the same
      cheers
      Just replied to your pm mate.

Comment

last year I asked to raise my agreed value which I had had with with flux for 3/4 years, from 15k to 18k. Up till then all I had to do was send 6 pics of the car, front ,back, left side ,right side ,interior and mileage, and fill in a form stating mods not a problem. When I asked to increase to 18k they said I would need to supply an independent valuation report from one of two company's (which they recommended ) at a cost to me of course, before they would even consider the higher agreed value, Needless to say I didn't and left it at 15k. So when this years renewal appeared and i saw this thread with Anthony's and your premium i told them to suck my c**k
        I have pm`d Anthony to ask him something if its ok i will pm you and ask you the same
        cheers
        Thanks, I had a very similar situation but did not negotiate because I had already renewed

I am very happy with the AF service just NOT the way they handle the agreed value. I was also told to get an independent valuation at my own cost which they "may" use....
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Hi Steve I told them that A Plan had agreed 20k valuation (which they did) and they said they would match it. I would have to provide photos which won’t be a problem. They also scrapped the £15 fee for this also. My original quote came in at £194 a little jump up from last year but agreed at £170 so happy.
          Interesting thanks!

Personally I don't even mind paying a little more premium to be insured for what I think my car is worth. Maybe I am being optimistic, but I don't think my car is a £14k car, but would be happy with £20k. I don't see what is so controversial about that, if i had a brand new RS4, it would have to be insured for £50k+ value....
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I don’t mind paying a little extra neither if I get what I think my cars worth. Everyone has a different opinion on S2 values but one thing for sure is that they are slowly going up! Mileage I don’t think is really a huge thing considering the age of our cars as long as their is a good strong evidence of history.

Comment

I don’t mind paying a little extra neither if I get what I think my cars worth. Everyone has a different opinion on S2 values but one thing for sure is that they are slowly going up! Mileage I don’t think is really a huge thing considering the age of our cars as long as their is a good strong evidence of history.
              Yep

You mean 190,000 miles and still going strong!
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

I don't mind paying a bit extra but chuffin 300 notes extra is a proper piss take they will also lose out on my vrs insurance when that's due, only a small drop in the ocean for them but I don't like having my pants pulled down and royally rogered
                ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Yep

You mean 190,000 miles and still going strong!
                  207,000 and still going once it’s sorted at the garage lol!!

Comment

I don't mind paying a bit extra but chuffin 300 notes extra is a proper piss take they will also lose out on my vrs insurance when that's due, only a small drop in the ocean for them but I don't like having my pants pulled down and royally rogered
                    Yeah that’s a lot! My A6 and A4 are due this week and just got them sorted yesterday.

A6 is a 3L bi turbo saloon renewal came through at £488 up £13 on LY after hard negotiations renewed at £382 but now on dd and still cheaper than LY and A4 is a 2L tdi se renewal £375 and LY price was £255 a hell of a jump this got renewed at £238 and again on dd with all my pending car bills so happy with my savings but you really do need to shop around and negotiate hard.

Comment

cheers for the info guys I've also realized the S2 was discounted because I had 2 cars with them !!!!!

Comment

Re 'Agreed Value' I didn't go down that path as proving value should not be too difficult. As they are appreciating rapidly (maybe not this year) some agreed value customers could effectively lose out! I've seen it happen with an RS2...

I'm with Lancaster all mods 3K FC base premium £78/year - Add on admin fees, legal and tax, it's still under £150. Postcode you live in can make a vast difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Trist28 View Post
                          Re 'Agreed Value' I didn't go down that path as proving value should not be too difficult. As they are appreciating rapidly (maybe not this year) some agreed value customers could effectively lose out! I've seen it happen with an RS2...

I'm with Lancaster all mods 3K FC base premium £78/year - Add on admin fees, legal and tax, it's still under £150. Postcode you live in can make a vast difference!
                          cheers ,yes i know post code makes a difference but im in Lancashire, not Beirut

Comment

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I managed to agree a 20k valuation on my S2, supplied my photos and was agreed straight away. Happy with that.

Comment

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I managed to agree a 20k valuation on my S2, supplied my photos and was agreed straight away. Happy with that.
                              Well done! Which Ins Co?
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Well done! Which Ins Co?
                                What he said lol

Comment

Working...
                                X