Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted. Electrical genius.. Help with a V10 TDI Phaeton please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers crossed

Comment

Bit of a long update condensed.. I tested all the relays for terminal 30 and terminal 15 and manually closing terminal 50 relay the starter cranked.
      I formed the opinion that the ECU was the culprit so had an exchange unit. Turned the key and she started.. result.
      However this was short lived as she isn't running right. Really slow to rev up and reduced power. Weirdly no fault codes being stored on either engine ECU.
      I can disconnect the slave ECU with the engine running and it makes no difference..
      I'm now thinking the slave ECU is pants.. there is signs of water damage to this one too..
      She has moved under her own power though for the first time in years...
      Allowed me to test the air suspension etc at least .

Comment

Well done for sticking with it

Softly softly catchy...

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Another guess here (and you may know this and have already looked at all this), is the trapped fuel onboard (from bottom of tank forward to the engine, given that the fuel will float on top of water) perhaps suspect for any water content, and the storage time (was the tank right full?) and possibly any other water evidence? In army-aviation we used to drain water (which condenses from just ambient humidity) from the bottom of our diesel truck's tanks daily. A diesel with poor fuel delivery might run, but slowly and won't take load/throttle. Might you have a partially plugged filter (filter through-put must exceed actual consumption requirements) that is throttling delivery?
          Last edited by Lago Blue; 23 May 2021, 17:37.

Comment

Very good Newsh..
            Lago I have pondered over the fuel issue as she has a full tamk.. I will keep going and let you know my findings..

Comment

Well after numerous tests I deemed the slave to be faulty. It was replaced with a reman one and she runs perfectly on all 10 cylinders..
              I need to do a service free up the rear pads and replace the auto boot lid controller and I'll take it for an MOT.
              It has some serious toys, the seats have 18 settings and are heated and cooled, they also have a massage function. You can programme the keys to each user and the car even adjusts the rear view mirror/seat/steering column etc to suit the user. It even puts your fave radio station on...
              I even managed to get the alpine dvd/TV to work.. should keep the kids happy..
              As I say the only thing that isn't working is the auto boot lid, but I have diagnosed the controller so have ordered a replacement.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Excellent news! Perserverence wins in the end. Enjoy!
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Cheers bud.. yeah it's far too good of a car to scrap..

Comment

What a result! Fantastic.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Well done that man hope it flies through the mot , 18 seat settings lol plenty toys to mess with ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                      THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Did a couple more hours . Freed up the rear pads that has stuck to the carriers .. cleaned out the arches. Service of all filters and oil, brake fluid swap and started to rebuild engine bay.

Sent from my Nokia 5.4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did a bit of polishing to boot lid too

Comment

Making great progress.. I got the auto boot functioning with the help of a later revision boot controller and refitted all the trims..

Comment

Started cleaning properly today..

Comment

Got some good polish on the car today.. just need the fog light surround and should really look good.
                                Booked the MOT too

Comment

Working...
                                X