Long term s2 pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term s2 pricing

Hey, I was considering buying an s2 for import into the US, I was just curious on everyone’s opinion on the increase in price in the past year or two, do yo I guys think the value of these cars is going to stay steady or are these prices increased due to the crazy used car market effected by COVID? Thanks just curious on some opinions.

Having watched the Ur and even GT Coupe B2 chassis trend, I would suggest the S2 is only going one way now - up. In the UK the Right Hand Drive market did suppress Ur prices longer than in Continental Europe due to the limited market, but in the last 10-years have gone from a steady climb to skyrocket. One could argue the Ur is more iconic, but because of that, the numbers are probably more plentiful than the S2 now. (Many an S2 became Ur20vT donors).

For a finger in the How Many Left air, the S2 numbers are something like 100 Coupes and 35 Avants fully licenced and another 285 Coupes and 95 Avants stored off road. In ten years the numbers will be very much on a par, or lower than the number of Ur’s, certainly here in the UK. Also, don’t forget parts availability and rampart parts inflation will take its toll on many of the long term stored “projects”. These are just my observations and our (UK) prices tend to be slightly behind the European market, I’m assuming your vehicle of choice would be from the Left Hand Drive market which will be stronger than here.
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I am looking for a rhd car, but I was originally looking for a urs6 just because part availability is a little better in the US since they were imported here in 95-96 but I’m finding it increasingly more difficult to even find one for sale in the UK, I did have a lead on a very clean low mileage one but the seller stopped replying. Thanks for the info though, my main worry was spending 20-30k usd on a car just to have the price return to 10-15k usd as it previously was a few years ago.

Comment

With that kind of budget you should be able to get an excellent, lower mileage example (if you can find it!) which will always be desirable if kept that way. Whilst there’s no guarantee with anything these days, I would suggest S2’s returning to say 2015 prices is pretty unlikely.
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Yeah finding it is the hard part, the importer or I have been unsuccessful at finding any for sale, he does have a s2 avant with 150k miles on it that is roughly 22k landed into the states which from what I’m seeing is fairly reasonably priced, only issue I have is the cloth interior but that’s just me being picky haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmichaud30 View Post
            Hey, I was considering buying an s2 for import into the US, I was just curious on everyone’s opinion on the increase in price in the past year or two, do yo I guys think the value of these cars is going to stay steady or are these prices increased due to the crazy used car market effected by COVID? Thanks just curious on some opinions.
            My Nothelle Avant is still for sale, Still the same price as it was before Covid.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

I’ve got to say, having refreshed ours with the N300 ECU upgrade and hybrid Turbo Dynamics K24 it’s a different beast to the MTM chipset. More competent is probably the best description.
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

To be honest , looking at the prices of s2’s over in Europe I think ours are pretty under priced

Comment

Agree with all the comments above. A buyer will always want a low mileage low owner example but sometimes these examples will sit in garages months on end not being used which is not great! I’ve had mine for 21 years agreed value insurance set at 20k and has 210k on the clock. In my ownership it’s wanted for nothing, the engines been sorted and looked after serviced roughly every 5k subframes sorted body work and new front wings last year good alloys miltek exhaust and I would say it’s a pretty damn good example! I also would never sell it even if someone came along right now and offered 25k. They are so damn unique Coupe or Avant. So what am saying is history and attention to detail is hugely important.

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

My Nothelle Avant is still for sale, Still the same price as it was before Covid.
                    I've been in this car and it's starting to look cheap. It's a cracking car!
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                      Agree with all the comments above. A buyer will always want a low mileage low owner example but sometimes these examples will sit in garages months on end not being used which is not great! I’ve had mine for 21 years agreed value insurance set at 20k and has 210k on the clock. In my ownership it’s wanted for nothing, the engines been sorted and looked after serviced roughly every 5k subframes sorted body work and new front wings last year good alloys miltek exhaust and I would say it’s a pretty damn good example! I also would never sell it even if someone came along right now and offered 25k. They are so damn unique Coupe or Avant. So what am saying is history and attention to detail is hugely important.
                      You’re absolutely right in what you say Anthony and for a buyer that’s the problem. Assuming there’s 135 RHD Coupe and Avants licenced, I’d guesstimate (given this forums members fastidiousness) that most have not changed hands in the last decade, possibly two decades and are highly unlikely to in the next decade either.
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I don't have any S2s left
                        So prices will now continue to rise
                        My luck...

Comment

Even the CQ20V's are going up... saw one a little while back at £7K, had been resprayed, but was not that low mileage, and in red, not my favourite colour (others may disagree!).

Comment

I think the UK ones are underprices compared to other euro cars. Depends all on how its treated etc etc jada jada.
                            https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Working...
                            X