No announcement yet.

Is it the end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't give up Take your time and fix it little by little. Worth it in the end
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      No worries. If you can't find new, they are common to the avant as well as long as it's a Quattro (according to AT).
      Nope. Only on B3 quattro chassis. Maybe B2 also.
      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post

Nope. Only on B3 quattro chassis. Maybe B2 also.
        Yeah, I don't recall seeing mounting points like that on any B4 cars, though the ones on the back of B2's are very similar.

David, have you had a chance to attack the underside with knot wheel or even a wire brush and a lot of elbow grease to see if there's any other horror's beneath the underseal?

If it's only that one then I certainly wouldn't be writing off the shell, though who know what else is hiding, until you expose the metal you won't know, as rule if there's corrosion like that there'll normally be more, but not all the time.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

People repair far worse:

microsoft_edge_screenshot_21 May 2022 10_01_16 BST.png.jpg

Comment

That's not pretty. Repairable though I'd say. Strip it down yourself and find a good welder who can make up some new subframe mountings and it shouldn't cost the world.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Yeah, I don't recall seeing mounting points like that on any B4 cars, though the ones on the back of B2's are very similar.

David, have you had a chance to attack the underside with knot wheel or even a wire brush and a lot of elbow grease to see if there's any other horror's beneath the underseal?

If it's only that one then I certainly wouldn't be writing off the shell, though who know what else is hiding, until you expose the metal you won't know, as rule if there's corrosion like that there'll normally be more, but not all the time.
              Going to get started tomorrow and see what lurks! Thanks all for the comments and suggestions so far. Pictures to follow of what we find, or don’t.
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Stick with it , it will be worth it in the end

Comment

“It’ll be ok in the end, and if it’s not ok, it’s not the end!”

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X