Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excellent Quality, Great Value Aldi Power Tools!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so the hog ring version is one to go for, got it, still shopping around and am watching one second hand set up that looks like new on eBay.

Well.. Got my brushless stuff from Adli today, at least some of it, they left the bloody impact gun out of my order, got everything else, two battery's, charger and the grinder.

Have been on the phone to their customer services who I have to say were very helpful despite obviously being in India and it'll be sorted within 48 hours, not ideal but mistakes do happen. I did say to the guy on the phone I'm half tempted to walk into my local store and pick up an impact gun and walk out as I wanted it today to carry on pulling that 30V to bits. Obviously I wouldn't do that but I was jolly cross!

Anyway the grinder looks excellent, yet to try it as I've not long gotten off the phone sorting out the the missing item.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Just ordered the hog ring version from 'My Tool Shed' for £150! Bargain.

Also ordered one of these to console myself about my missing gun from Aldi

https://www.mytoolshed.co.uk/dewalt-...iver-2-0ah-kit

Both will be here tomorrow.

Comment

Just had a play with the grinder, for the money it really very good, doesn't seem short on power at all and is nicely ballanced.

Also one major bonus is is it take's 125mm discs, that's a big point in it favour.

Pity they left out my sodding gun!

Comment

Got my Dewalt stuff from 'My Tool Shed' this morning, that 1/2 drive gun is a beast, the little impact gun certainly isn't short of power either! Nice thing is the little 2.0 AH battery's fit the big gun so I can still use it while I'm waiting for some knock off 4.0 AH battery's to arrive.

Normally if I'm spending proper money on power tools I go for Makita stuff but I really can't fault these and for the money it's an excellent package.

Comment

Picked up a couple of knock off 5AH battery's to go that beast of a gun, the 2AH ones manage but I don't expect them to last long at all, it's going to be seeing some serious action today on C4 quattro rear suspension.

Thanks to Johne and Dave for pointing me in it's direction, it's better than my mate's Snap-on 18V 1/2 drive gun and that's saying something!

Also purchased some knock off battery's for some of my old Maktia stuff, if you shop around they don't cost that much, be good to get them going again.

I still rate the Aldi premium Ferex tools for the money. However that 18V brushless Dewalt inpat gun is rated to over 200NM, that'll see any heavy work, the Aldi stuff with just be used for light duty's.

Comment

Well... Aldi have sorted my missing impact gun in spectacularly inept fashion. As I was at home doing nothing much today and they'd done zero to sort the problem other than try and blame it on the courier I thought I'd phone them up again.

Their call center is in India and to be fair the operator's seem fairly well trained. I explained I'd had to buy another impact gun so I simply wanted a refund, okay they said and immediately issued a refund not only for the gun but also the battery which I'd received.

About half an hour later a courier turns up with a replacement gun and battery, oh well, I'll take that thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
              X