Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Afternoon Everybody, Sorry For the Absence, Been Most Unwell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon Everybody, Sorry For the Absence, Been Most Unwell.

As a few of you may of noticed I've not been on the Forum for over a week...

First off don't worry I haven't gone mental again, the odd's of that happening again are really very low now I'm on the correct medication.

Some of you will know I injured my elbow by moving a V6 about engine by myself... The pain was on and off but at it's worst totally debilitating. So the Doc prescribed me a powerful non opiate for the pain (opiates are pretty much off the cards for me due to previous issues), whilst I do as they suggested and rest it, which I've been doing.

Anyway, what they prescribed (Pregabalin) me sent me a bit mad to start with then turned me into a bed ridden zombie for a week.

I stopped taking it last night despite still having a weeks supply. However I'd rather put up with the pain and be able to function than be barely able to take a shower safely due to having no sense of balance.

So I'm back and active once more, my elbow is an issue but I'm sure time will heal it, along with be sensible, ie not carting engines about.

I have a few PM's to catch up on, which I'll get to this evening, for the moment I'm sorting out my eBay which was about to implode.

1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Hey buddy, weird stuff that Pregab, very variable in how it affects a person, one mate of mine couldn’t speak properly when taking it. Another mate takes it for a bad back and does trackdays on a motorbike, he’s quick too! Like you I’m sensitive to this stuff and best off without it. Since having my hips done I’ve not taken any ibuprofen and strangely I’ve had no hay fever or allergy symptoms this year!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's a weird one alright.. I thought I knew my pain killers and what to expect from what but that stuff really is an odd one

The first day it sent me manic, though that could be interaction with my normal medication then the second day I totally lost my sense of balance and felt very strange.

It's generally prescribed for nerve pain and to be fair it worked for that.

I could see how if one got use to it then normal function would be resumed, but it obviously doesn't mix well with my physc meds at all, feel much more with it today and the rest of pills can stay put in my meds draw.

Got an elbow brace which I have to wear all the time and I simply have to take it easy. My folks are going to help me package the seven eBay item's that are late, I've contacted the buyers are their all cool. So it not the end of the world.

I guess the moral of this story is don't try and do too much too soon, oh well the engine and box are both out and in my workshop.

Comment

Kit, I feel your pain and empathize with you. no worries on this end. A former client once advised me "Don't get old". I'm yet to discover how to get there.

Comment

Hi bud surprised he went straight to them my sister was on gabapentin for ages before she ended up on them they are strong as foooook

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
            Hi bud surprised he went straight to them my sister was on gabapentin for ages before she ended up on them they are strong as foooook
            I was in a lot of pain mate, they could see just how bad it was while they were trying X-ray it, they were going to stick me on Tramadol but that can mix really badly with Mirtazapine.

So they actually put me straight on to Morphine 30mg slow release pills twice a day initially which worked but I wasn't happy taking it for longer than few days and it wasn't really stopping the pain, it just make me not care.

So they stuck me on 600mg of Pregabalin daily which I've since learnt is a crazy dose, no wonder I felt so bloody weird.

Anyhow, at least it's had some rest now and is much better than it was,

I'd rather not take anything and put up with the pain, at least then you know where your are.

Comment

Originally posted by Audicted View Post
              Kit, I feel your pain and empathize with you. no worries on this end. A former client once advised me "Don't get old". I'm yet to discover how to get there.
              Getting old suck's, but there's no avoiding it, best thing you can do eat really healthy and stay active. Though not to the point where your hurting yourself.

Comment

Sorry to hear your woes mate . Go steady. As Richard Attenborough said on it.. “ Don’t get old - it’s **** !” ??

Comment

Kit, keep going buddy, just slowly and let yourself heal properly

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Legend

Comment

Ha Ha, nice one John, Lemmy was a surprisingly bright guy, pity he's gone, but he lived as he wanted to right up to the end!

Comment

Pain killers have now finally completely worn off... Just got a few simple eBay items to pack today and I've done the heavy one (a wheel) already. Going to to have an old person style afternoon nap been up since yesterday, I don't sleep very much, just grab a couple of hours here and there when feel tired.

Comment

good to have you back pal
                            ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                            THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Cheers mate, it's good to still be here. Having to totally rest a limb gets dam boring, though my elbow is now quite a lot better after upsetting it again a week ago doing some gardening.

Managed to do the washing up this evening without being in pain..... Just got to take it easy.
                              Last edited by K Simmonds; 8 August 2022, 23:33.

Comment

Working...
                              X