Weatherseal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherseal

Hey. The weatherseal leaks on the drivers side on my B3 Quattro coupe. When it rains there is a well in the drivers foot well. Audi claim this is a discontinued part and yet it's on the Audi tradition site but the Audi tradition site won't sell to anyone even though I had an account but after COVID it's all gone mad. Any one got a driver's side weatherseal they would like to sell. It's coming in from where the wing meets the door it's running down the seal and following it around and coming in on the sill. Thanks

I think you have to be in the EU to order from tradition now. I think some people are doing reshipping from the EU for parts so they can be ordered from tradition.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Oh well that's pooh. Thanks for reply tho

Comment

There’s a guy on s2forum Facebook page that helps us UK people out with shipping and he’s excellent am sorry I don’t have a name but have a look or ask. It’s bloody annoying AT doesn’t see the UK as a customer base.

Comment

I have a few brand new ones of these still in their bags, however I don't know which ones I've got, there are part No's on the bags so I'll dig them out and check later. I have a suspicion a couple of them are for Cabriolets.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by studley07 View Post
            Hey. The weatherseal leaks on the drivers side on my B3 Quattro coupe. When it rains there is a well in the drivers foot well. Audi claim this is a discontinued part and yet it's on the Audi tradition site but the Audi tradition site won't sell to anyone even though I had an account but after COVID it's all gone mad. Any one got a driver's side weatherseal they would like to sell. It's coming in from where the wing meets the door it's running down the seal and following it around and coming in on the sill. Thanks
            Hi mate
            Just a thought 'cos I've had this on mine. Try a strip of black electrical tape along the edge of the roof to cover the join between the black trim and the main roof panel. See if it helps.
            What can happen is, when the windscreen is replaced they have to lift this trim and it doesn't seal properly when it goes back down. So water wicks under the seam, gets into the trim and reappears in the corner at the front of the door, it drips onto the black plastic sill cover and runs down into the footwell.
            I resealed one side by drilling out the rivets (which weren't all there or the right type) and using some thin foam gasket to seal it before replacing with the correct rivets.
            As a short term fix (couple of years for me lol) you can tape the roof as above and also stick a strip of approx 5-6mm x 10mm foam gasket to catch the drops and direct them past the door seal so they drip on the outer sill.
            This maybe your main problem, if the door rubber is tired though a new one will help.

HTH
            John

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

And also check if you door hinge has worn and your door dropped slightly. If you can lift the door a few mm when open, it's worn
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

thatsa great thank you for that. just as soon as it stops raining, again I will do that. thanks very much for your brilliant reply, nice one

Comment

Checked what I have and they're all for Cab's so no use to you, sorry I can't help.
                  1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                  1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                  1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                  1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

cheers for that. plan is to take the weatherseal off, clean it all, make sure that all is clear and refit it.

Comment

Originally posted by studley07 View Post
                      thatsa great thank you for that. just as soon as it stops raining, again I will do that. thanks very much for your brilliant reply, nice one
                      No problem bud.

Have a good read of this

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...er-leak-thread

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X