Learning to drive in a s2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning to drive in a s2

This friend of mine has her test coming up in a few weeks so she wants some more practice

So she asked if i would let her drive my car

so im just bout to sort the insurrance out but has anyone on here taught anyone to drive in a S2? Do u think its a good idea lol?

**** no deffanatly a bad idea. the two words her and learning do not go together with s2
    never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

Originally posted by denniselbows View Post
      **** no deffanatly a bad idea. the two words her and learning do not go together with s2
      hmm. thats debatable imo. as long as she takes it easy it should be ok, after all these cars can be driven like normal cars. I think if you take her out in it first, show her what it can do and that it can also be driven off boost it should be fine.

Getting insurance is another issue though..
      Good luck
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

well checked the insurance online and isnt 2 bad, but thats only if she is a named driver for the life of the policy

gunna ring up 2morrow and ask them

i will take her out of town so she can get used to it before we get to traffic she doesnt wanna drive it fast shes woried she will lose her licence

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_s2_coupe View Post
          This friend of mine has her test coming up in a few weeks so she wants some more practice

so im just bout to sort the insurrance out but has anyone on here taught anyone to drive in a S2? Do u think its a good idea lol?
          I don't see any problem with it except insurance.

Good brakes
          AWD = grip and stability
          enough poke to get you out of trouble
          Coupe is a good size
          Light clutch (bite may be a problem)
          Light steering

I'd stick some steel wheels on it though to keep the kerbing pixies at bay!
          Last edited by Animal Mother; 30 October 2007, 07:37.
          UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

yeah fair enough i think i will have 2 any way told her she can lol

everyone that has driven mine thinks my clutch is heavy

Comment

Im gonna let my sister learn to drive in my S2 as soon as she gets her provisional. Hopefully before its RS2+ spec... May as well start them in the right direction and keep the audi heritage going

Imagine the street cred she would get if she rolled up at college in a fully loaded S2. I used to dream of stuff like that..
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

everyone that has driven mine thinks my clutch is heavy
                Oooh. New clutch soon?
                UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Mother View Post
                  Oooh. New clutch soon?
                  The standard clutch IS quite heavy!
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                    The standard clutch IS quite heavy!
                    Odd, I thought a heavy clutch on S cars normally means clutch is on the way out. I've had a new clutch and it is LIIGGGHHHTTTT!
                    Unless I don't know my own strength. :mischeif:

Comment

Well that's one approach I guess. What about suggesting a nice meal, then perhaps a night cap.. ? :mischeif:

Comment

I always found the Coupe quite difficult to reverse accurately, and i wouldn’t like to have to reverse around a bend one foot from the curb in an S2. As cars go its a pussy cat to drive, you could lend it to your mum and not worry but not to somebody learning to drive. Its just too detached from feedback when you dont know what your doing.
                        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I'd say it depends on her as a driver. some learners will naturally know to apply everything gently. Others are completely inept and will stomp on every pedal every time. She'll likely be fine but if there's one incident where she panics and stomps on the accelerator you could be into the back of someone quite rapidly. I'd also say there's a risk of any learner having a bump, especially if you don't have dual controls, so if you're ok with that possibility in your S2 then go for it.
                          Now if you had the good sense to buy random old 80s now and again you'd have a spare for these things

Oh yes - she better be able to afford an S2 of her own cos if she learns in your S2 and then buys a corsa she's going to be a very disappointed lady.
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          1990 CQ20v
                          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Might be worth disconnecting the WGFV to limit the boost so not quite as quick as it can be while she is learning, shouldnt be as daunting then either
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                              Might be worth disconnecting the WGFV to limit the boost so not quite as quick as it can be while she is learning, shouldnt be as daunting then either
                              Best bit of advice so far, definately the way to go as its quick and easy.

Just make sure that you do it in areas that are not too built up. But tbh she would need to know to drive there anways so as long as she has a bit of practice in a car park to get use to the car it should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X