Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking on Pistonheds and found this

Guys,

Have been crawling around in the dark as of late looking for another car as my one is just about to give up and would love to have some power again as I commute via the public transport (stupid trains) and could realistically afford an S2 with the view to modify as well, did have Chris M's S2 before i sold it back and was then sold to ross,

Any way getting back to the subject found this http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/290750.htm any ones on here?

So am on the look out for a Coupe, prefer 3b and with a few mods samco kit etc

Cheers

Matt
    ON THE SEARCH FOR THE FOUR RINGS

That looks quite tidy from the pictures, pity he did not give more info, early rear lights but easy to upgrade, heated seats as well which is a bonus and imo one of the nicest colours but I could be a bit biased on that same wheels as mine just smaller, and make access to anything inside the wheel arch a doddle without taking the wheel off.

Comment

Nearly 4k for a 17 year old car though?
      UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Mother View Post
        Nearly 4k for a 17 year old car though?

Eh? are you on the right forum?

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
          Eh? are you on the right forum?
          Mmmmm

Its just crazy the values (or should I say prices) of these cars. From when I first started to look at them (around 18 months ago) the prices have skyrocketed. Although you can find some gems for not much money.

Anyone remember that guy who wanted 9k for his Avant? Did it sell?
          UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

I know of a Red 3b S2 coupe with leather (iirc) coming up for sale in the next couple of weeks. It will be around £3000 - standard spec.
            You can specify any power level you want on top of the asking price, as it is Grant at AET turbos that is selling it.
            If you're interested I'll get the exact spec, mileage etc.
            Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
            England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Mother View Post
              Mmmmm

Its just crazy the values (or should I say prices) of these cars. From when I first started to look at them (around 18 months ago) the prices have skyrocketed.
              I agree - I've been looking at and dreaming of an ABY since I sold my V6 CQ three years ago, the average price has gone up by a good grand or so I'd say since then.
              Good in many ways, but not if you want to buy a minter
              Still, I'm confident you still get your money's worth
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Actually I reckon the prices dipped slightly and are getting back on track.

If you want to complain about the cost of an old car, try and find a cheap UR in good condition.

Comment

Even at that price its good value for money, I got mine for a good price with alot of new bits on it and have not regretted it

Comment

When I bought my S2 3 years ago I paid around 14000£ for it.

So please dont wine about high prices for an old car

Did I forget to mention that we pay 180% in a car taxed to the goverment

So I bought the car in Germany for 5000£ and then 9000£ in tax. Now that sucks big time
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

tricky one as UR's and RHD RS2's are rare so are going to push prices up for good ones. If you're a buyer it sucks of course. I payed top whack for my wagon but as they say, something is worth what someone is willing to pay. I've put 10,000 miles on mine this year and am still planning to drive it. That's what it's for. No disrespect but I don't understand the people who brag about lowest mileage, perfect condition cars they don't really drive.

There is something very special and unique about the S2, RS2 etc etc that's why we're on here
                      Sherv (Dan)

S5 with all the goodies
                      SOLDRS2 Volcano Black RHD 55k

Comment

Originally posted by BRY View Post
                        as it is Grant at AET turbos that is selling it.
                        Small world...I had an email from him last week about their VT102-6, VT K26/27 Hybrid Turbo's :mischeif:

Back to the S2 for sale - its just up the road from me, i might have a sniff and let u know what its like..

Comment

Originally posted by dog View Post
                          So am on the look out for a Coupe, prefer 3b
                          How come you prefer 3B's to ABY's? Not knocking 3B's, as I have one (not for sale though), but I thought most people prefered ABY's.
                          David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

back Matt.

Originally posted by S2_Dave View Post
                            How come you prefer 3B's to ABY's? Not knocking 3B's, as I have one (not for sale though), but I thought most people prefered ABY's.
                            I had the choice and prefered the 3B.

@ the high price comment.
                            SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                              back Matt.

I had the choice and prefered the 3B.

@ the high price comment.
                              Oh yeah? In that case abandoned putting the ABY loom and coilpacks in then

Comment

Working...
                              X