Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osram Nightbreakers.....who has them and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osram Nightbreakers.....who has them and...

how good are they. Are they that good or is it rubbish. Interested here in the States.

I assume nightbreakers are some fancy marketing name for regular bulbs? I've used the Osram Silverstars which produce a slightly more white light, they dont look as dim as ordinary bulbs but wont help you see any more. For that invest in some HIDs.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

HID rule

I agree, go for HID, they are the best improvement and very noticeable, changing bulbs to diiferent "colours" will not make any real difference.

Kind regards.

Comment

Used the Silverstars for years now, Nightbreakers are a noticable improvement , practical & economical enough if you're not planning the HID upgrade , I've always sourced bulbs via www.powerbulbs.com, very reliable and informative website, free delivery worldwide I think ! I'm guessing you could try & find somewhere in US or Canada that could supply cheaper though...

HTH

Comment

Which do you reckon to be best out of this lot then Eric?
          http://www.powerbulbs.com/bulb_finde..._id=338&bulb=6
          I don't have plans for HIDs in the near future so decent bulbs will have to do the job to start with
          cheers
          Noel
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          1990 CQ20v
          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

Noel,

I think the Xtreme Power won out ina few tests over the year, haven't tried them , but anythings better than the standard candles, they send you free side lights (wedge type) when you order or they used to anyway , for £25 a set same price as buying standards from Harfrauds etc.

Comment

Prices for HID's have fallen quite alot I went and bought a set today for 47quid from the same people as another forum member has used.

Comment

Cheers Eric, And you're absolutely right. I'd rather go for something like that than the Halfords ones

Peter was that £47 for the whole HID kit? Can you PM me details if you can't post? Or maybe I just didn't grasp your wording. sorry.

cheers
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                1990 CQ20v
                2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

I use Philips Vision Plus Bulbs in my cars and bikes, easy upgrade, 50% more light, cheap enough, legal, no extra current so no damage to wiring or switches, no stupid high voltage under the bonnet (except the sparks lol..) no silly power supply boxes to get sucked into the turbo, sorted

Clicky

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Pm sent, its the full kit btw. 46.99.

Comment

Working...
                    X