Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strange problem!!!!!! violent judder!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange problem!!!!!! violent judder!!!!

When driving my S2 yesterday everything was ok, when driving in the evening i went to accelerate hard and evrytime the revs went to 4000 there was a violent judder and it was really was quite worrying. Could anyone help me on this problem? when driving the car today it was behaving itself??? ohhhh the joys of owning a audi S2 he he. joking aside if anyone has any input could you please help all the best steve.

First thing to do always, is pull the fault codes.

Jas..
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

check for boost leak mate
      my s2 use to do that
      when you accelerate hard
      until i fixed the leak
      1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
      2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
      3. H & R SPRINGS
      4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
      5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
      6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
      7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
      8. fmic fitted

Comment

Is it an ABY and is the judder constant or does it judder and then pull again? If it's a constant rapid judder I would bet on a coilpack!!
        '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Originally posted by steve1234 View Post
          When driving my S2 yesterday everything was ok, when driving in the evening i went to accelerate hard and evrytime the revs went to 4000 there was a violent judder and it was really was quite worrying. Could anyone help me on this problem? when driving the car today it was behaving itself??? ohhhh the joys of owning a audi S2 he he. joking aside if anyone has any input could you please help all the best steve.
          Its not strange. That happens all the time when you have boost leak or a coil problem.

If its an ABY (coil on plug) engine, check for boost leaks and check for coil problems following this procedure:

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/149788.phtml

HTH
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

thanks

i will check the car over, its a aby 1994 its been alright up till now!!! i will follow the procedures guys thanks for the help much appreciated.

Comment

I had this very problem at 4k and above rpm when the front subframe bolts were not done up properly.

Might be worth checking.
              91 S2 coupé - RIP
              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

kind of the same thing im getting now.judder between 3600-4000rpm then boosts fine till redline,and happens only in gear changes.If i boost on 1 gear(3d 4th 5th etc) it doesnt judder.

Comment

I had similar symptoms a while back and all I needed was to clean the MAF. Problem solved.
                  John Bowlerwell
                  Electronic Engineer

Present:
                  Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
                  Previous:
                  Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
                  Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlerwell View Post
                    I had similar symptoms a while back and all I needed was to clean the MAF. Problem solved.
                    I second this idea.
                    Sort of.

From reading into this it can be that the MAF connector needs cleaning/reseating (i.e. pull it off and put it back on again).
                    Might as well clean the MAF while you are at it! Couldn't do any harm (if you do it right).
                    UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

wrong signal only on a certain rev range?that is indeed odd,and sounds that it is electronic rather than mechanical.
                      I do have a spare maf,so i will give it a go...although the one im using is relativelly new...

Comment

Misfire at 3600 can be intake air temp sender, sender malfunction or (normally) broken connection.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                          First thing to do always, is pull the fault codes.

Jas..
                          Dito
                          93 S2 Avant Parting
                          91 URQ RR
                          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

while doing this,there are no fault codes printed.as many times i accelerated and as many times it did happen,the fault codes were zero.
                            Also looking at the logs i made with the vagcom,it seems that the IAT sensor is measuring accordingly.temperatures are logged.If there were a problem,would there be a log?wouldnt there be a intake sensor fault code?

Comment

Yes, I think there would, but you could check the connections to the temp sensor anyway, its on the IM. Best way is to buzz it through from the ECU connector.

I think I'd be looking for small boost leaks, Maf connector problems and then electrical, plugs, pos, coils.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X