Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gearbox anyone?

http://www.selmec.org.uk/article_000...nsmission.aspx

When i come up against technical data like this i feel like going into women mode "aren't they pretty colours"

If someonw has a laymans reference to what was going on i would like to see it.

cheers

Comment

Is it room for it in a coupe, and what would be the price`??

This i must admit is my wet dream of mods for my car.... hmm, lets start bying some lottery tickets...

Vegard

Comment

oooh meccano, i love meccano.
        sigpic

Comment

From what I can tell its so it engages two gears at once iirc makes changing gears smoother and quicker.

Comment

Aah.. A development of the PDK...
            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Not sure a meccano one would hold up to the power of our cars tho

Comment

well

it is really nice to drive, and it has gearchange so fast you wont believe it. The next gear is allready "engaged" for you. The DSG as from audi and vw works like a charm, allthough it is more highteck to work on.
                The upshift and downshift is so smooth, it is very strange to drive the first time.
                We had some problems on the first skodas that came here with this tranny, but this was just changed complete, and new one in at once, other then that this, gearbox has hold up really well, even when (ab)used.
                japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

this

can be said in a simpler way like, When driving, one gear is always engaged and a second pre-selected. When the gearshift point is reached, one clutch segment opens in a flash while the other closes. The driver therefore hardly notices the gearshift process. This uninterrupted, efficient transfer of power enables particularly sporty driving.
                  Think the gearchange was about 0.2sek. If my memory serves me right.

while you are accelerating in 2nd gear, for example, the control logic is already pre-selecting 3rd gear, so that at the point of gearshift the 2 dual-plate clutch shifts in a flash and so to give a gearchange as undisturbing as possible, giving a smooth power transsfer to the wheels.
                  japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                  www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Working...
                  X