pc nerds help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc nerds help

for some reason my mouse wheel wont let be scroll up or down on the net works fine on windows been through all the settings even forked out 20 quid for a new one but still the same any ideas lads driving me crazy
    94 s2 avant
    aoc member 1116

what kind of mouse do you have? logitech? If it is try getting the latest setpoint drivers. Also are you using IE or firefox

Comment

i have a compaq mouse ive now sussed it in a way works spot on with ie but it wont on firefox uninstalled the reinstalled but still the same
      94 s2 avant
      aoc member 1116

Comment

I don't have firefox installed but am willing to bet there is something in the options that allows you to program your buttons and wheel on your mouse, and that you don't have it set to use the wheel for scrolling. With a compaq mouse I am sure it is using standard windows drivers as well as I was thinking that another driver set was taking precedence.

Someone with firefox can be more help; but make sure under mouse settings in the control panel under the tab "wheel" that the scrolling function is set

Comment

Seems very odd that it works ok with windows but not online?!
          Does it work ok with Explorer?

Comment

its fine with internet explorer but not with fire fox and fire fox is running real slow even though im on 8 meg broadband
            94 s2 avant
            aoc member 1116

Comment

The default cache size is only 50meg on firefox. You can make it bigger in tools, options, advanced, network. There are scrolling options in advanced, general. I'm set to autoscolling but I don't use a mouse on the laptop. You could try changing it to smooth scrolling.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe just switch off autoscrolling?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic