Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashed by GATSOs on other side of road...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashed by GATSOs on other side of road...

Driving home last night I got flashed, three times (!), by rear-facing GATSOs on the other side of the road. There were no cars coming toward me on the other side, so they were definitely being triggered by my approach.

My question is, is it possible for me to be caught and ticketed for this? Should I be worried? I really don't think I could cope with getting 3 tickets in the post in the next 2weeks!

Bizarrely, I was travelling along about 100m behind a Vectra who was going faster than I was, but he didn't trigger any of the cameras, can't work that out.
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Any white markings on the road the way you were travelling? single or dual carigeway? and where exactly? officially you have to be travelling in excess of 160 odd mph to activate the Gatso in reverse (not reverse gear )
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Had this happen several times and never had a ticket... yet.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

IIRC there has been a post in another thread where a forum member used to drive fast on the other side of the road for fun just to set the money maker off
        Chef

Comment

If its the old style gatso, you have no problem (I make them flash for fun - yeh, sad I know) but if its the later, smaller type with the round lense jobbie, then they can get you either way
          sigpic

Comment

It was on a stretch of road between Chiswick and Richmond, it's 4 lanes of traffic, but not separated by a central reservation. The Check lines for the GATSOs were all on the oncoming traffic lanes, so none in mine. The GATSOs all looked to me to be the old fashioned, rear-facing, film camera jobbies. It just worried me somewhat that I set them off. I actually set one camera off twice (it flashed 4 times at me!).

Comment

Think you are ok then... 4 flashes sounds like 2 for you and 2 for the Vectra that you were racing hope you got him :mischeif:
              S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Your safe dude Ive had it happen loads of time:mischeif: it was a shock at first with that nervous wait for 2 week lol! Now its funny

Jay

Comment

You can't get "done" driving Towards a Gatso, but you CAN toward a Truvelo (infra red one with no flash).

You will be fine....

Cheers,

Steve
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Was the road wet? I seem to remember reading somewhere that relfections and alsorts can trigger them off but no lines on your side so you will be fine Dan
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

also alot of the GATSO's no longer have film cameras but cctv cameras instead
                      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

DIE!

UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

The road was damp certainly. Did make me worried that's for sure, but sounds like I'll be ok. Thanks! I could well do without the fines as I've got to somehow pay for my Richmond car park permit next month which has gone up from £100 to a whopping £300 a year, because I drive a 3.0. Feckers.

Comment

Sounds more like a photo shoot.. you were in the s2 right?
                            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Alas no...

Comment

Working...
                              X