No announcement yet.

Not good reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was meaning Kim but maybe i had confused some info then......did think that would have been pretty news worthy if it had been the case
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Its a sad fact that once a company has made its name and reputation for tuning these cars for the 'little guy' the inevitable thirst for money has them transformed into chequebook tuners, only interested in more modern cars with simple bolt on or plug in upgrades for huge cost..... and yes, it does happen to them all from what I can tell...
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
        Its a sad fact that once a company has made its name and reputation for tuning these cars for the 'little guy' the inevitable thirst for money has them transformed into chequebook tuners, only interested in more modern cars with simple bolt on or plug in upgrades for huge cost..... and yes, it does happen to them all from what I can tell...
        Yep no doubt about it, " I've made this much today, may be tomorrow I can make even more."
        Nothing wrong in profit, business and profit go hand in hand.
        But greeds another thing.
        When ever one of these characters say's he's not making much of a profit, think the opposite because their lying.
        rs2315.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
          Kim Collins = QST (once known as "quattrosports"), the subject of this thread, aka QST the UK MTM dealer based in Haywards Heath.

Tim Cooper = formerly of >>> QRS (QRsport) of Tattenhall in Cheshire, who yes left a good while ago and now runs his own company called Renntech in Ellesmere Port.
          Cheers for clearing that up jas, its tim that I was dealing with sorry for the confusion.

Comment

i am pretty sure that over the last 10-15 yrs or so on various audi forums i have been on, his name has cropped up from time to time along similar lines. Personally i have never bought anything from him, have tried on a few occassions only to be met with a very offhand manner.

Comment

Strange to be honest as i have been to Kims many a time as he is only half hour away from me. Cant fault his work at all and never tried to rip me off?
              3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Audi tuning seems to be a right minefield.
                UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

I once get ripped off by Jim havnt been back since
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T2Andy View Post
                    I once get ripped off by Jim havnt been back since
                    I second that
                    sigpic_________
                    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by stevieyid View Post
                      Strange to be honest as i have been to Kims many a time as he is only half hour away from me. Cant fault his work at all and never tried to rip me off?
                      I'd second that...Never had any difficulties, certainly more reliable than Dyke Road Audi, Brighton...
                      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

lol he was very sh**ty with my other half when she ordered some custom mats from him one xmas...she'd only been waiting 3wks for a 5day delivery timeline when she rang
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I always found Kim quite pleasant on the phone,it was just the incredible prices he quoted me and the attitude of the female receptionist he had about 4 years ago that made me spend my money elsewhere.

ps.who is Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                            I always found Kim quite pleasant on the phone,it was just the incredible prices he quoted me and the attitude of the female receptionist he had about 4 years ago that made me spend my money elsewhere.

ps.who is Jim?
                            that will be his mum
                            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                              that will be his mum
                              Who Jim or the receptionist

Got to be one of the funniest threads so far

Comment

Working...
                              X