Ebay mesh grilles, anyone bought one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I might have one of these Andy.
    It doesn't have the hole in it though. The lever has been cut down and you have to morph your hand under the bonnet to open it.
    Not bad to operate in practice.

BTW - I love this grill.
    Attached Files
    Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
    2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
    2003 A6 Avant Tdi
    Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
    2004 VW Caddy SDi
    2002 Civic Type R

Comment

I got the one with no hole, although the seller offered to sort it out I wasn't really bothered enough to send it back to germany.. Still in its box in the shed..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

this mesh configuration is the same as the RS2 grill,only it is pushed more to the outside and have smaller outline

Comment

Jus found these made by FK. Look like a good replacement for the standard item but again, no holes for bonnet access...
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

on my small project of replacing the grill mesh of the hood and bumper,i managed to replace the bumper grills with RS4 plastic original grill,and found from lltek.com from canada an additional RS4 look alike plastic mesh to replace the hood grill.So far the bumper mesh looks very nice.Im waiting for the hood mesh to complete the project!!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1206380333

Comment

i got one of these with the hole and the product over all is great very comparable to kamei as ive already had one

Comment

Eh...

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                Jus found these made by FK. Look like a good replacement for the standard item but again, no holes for bonnet access...
                This one does...

FK Front Debadged Grills
                Product code: FKSG1007
                Quickcode: EP3733331

First one on the dark cars.
                Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Ah yes! There's also the slatted grilles. Shame that Bonrath don't do them as the Bonrath ones look really great on Golfs.

I've just modified my original for the price of a can of paint and some sandpaper Quite pleased with the results although I've got to finish it off.

Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                  X