exclamation mark warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exclamation mark warning light

Another problem i have is the exclamation mark warning comes up when im driving - doesnt stay on - the previous owner changed the bomb a couple of years ago so i dont think its that just yet as i heard they have 7 year lifespan - previous owner also said to keep the holes in the drilled discs clean - would that be triggering a fault to the sensor if some of the holes are blocked? any ideas? Thnx
    This was my boss and I know for a fact if he was around today he would be driving a sick ABY armour plated S2 1500 bhp....
    sigpic

Many threads on this but not easy to search. Start with this about 10 below yours -
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28422
    Alastair
    RS2

Comment

Oh and ignore the holes filling with brake dust unrelated & only worth cleaning out if you cannot find anything better to do
      Alastair
      RS2

Comment

Ahhh yes, the brake warning on the Autocheck... mine went (!) at me for 3 years and I only solved it last year after some interesting track performance issues indicated a knackered bomb and testing showed that this was the case

Check the PAS fluid is topped up, only use the correct fluid, freely available from GSF G002000 (or something like that).

Clean the cap on the PAS fluid reservoir, this can get dirty and cause an intermittent contact. A new cap is only £10 or so and can stop this happening. WD40 or carb cleaner can be used. I've tested this by shorting the plug on the cap and starting the car, it it solves the problem then it's the cap.

Look on www.s2central.net and follow the bomb testing prceedure to see if it's knackered or not. If it's knckered then contact Paul at custom autocraft for the best price.

Replacing the PAS fluid won't solve the problem but is a very good idea, especially if cahnaging anything and can quieten things down a bit (as can a new belt, <£10 from Audi). I drain it from the bomb attaching hose and then re-fill from the reservoir.

If none of this helps then changing the PAS pump might be the way forward, expect £50 from a breaker but theyare S2 ABY / RS2 specific.

HTH
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
        X