fsi engine how the valves look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fsi engine how the valves look

When you dont use any additive in the fuel, had an a6 engine taken apart here, and just thought i would post the pic so you can, see how much **** sits on the valves, when not using any additive. We always put Bell add in the fuel when, customer is here for servcie.
    Attached Files
    japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
    www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Jesh...

What crappy fuel you got on the island...doesn't help having the crankcase fumes put back through the engine either...dumb ajse regulations.
    Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

this

is not due to the crap fuel, but since the fsi directs the fuel direct into the cylinder, you dont get the cleaning of the valves anymore.
      And as you say, its emissions.. pi##

Comment

Originally posted by urquattro-island View Post
        is not due to the crap fuel, but since the fsi directs the fuel direct into the cylinder, you dont get the cleaning of the valves anymore.
        And as you say, its emissions.. pi##
        How does an FSI inject the fuel then

Which models are FSI equiped?
        The ONLY S2 Golf!
        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
        10.42@138mph
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

The FSI does have the injector outlet right on the combustion chamber, like a TDI... I think the problem that URQUATTRO has is the oil! Correct me if I'm wrong.

FSI models are like almost all the variants of the A3,A4,S5,A6,A8,R8 and all S's with gasoline engines. Then there are some VW's and Seat's using the FSI engines too, the same engines and powers as Audi.
          Last edited by 20vQC; 24 March 2008, 20:07. Reason: FSI models
          - Looking for a S2
          - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
          - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gnutz2 View Post
            How does an FSI inject the fuel then

Which models are FSI equiped?
            fuel stratified injection, it goes straight into the cylinder to make efficencie better. Better km pr liters. It helps burn fuel better. In combination with the new inlet manifold flaps and ecus control this gives better fuel economy and less polution. But with the EGR system this gives **** on the valves.

Comment

?

How many kms on that engine.
              Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

That looks like a direct result of EGR to me - nuthing to do with fuel additives... And as they aren't sprayed on the valves anyway its irrelevant. FSI is cool technology, but EGR is the work of the devil - and surely only the stupidest, most zealous green-junkie would tell you EGR is good for the environment when it causes such damage to engine components, lowering its efficiency, increases fuel usage etc etc

Could be wrong, but sure looks like oily carbonised gunge of EGR proportions. Blank the fecker off and keep the solenoid plugged in for a faultfree ECU - or zero the EGR duty-cycle via OBD if the ECU allows you.
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Up the revolution...

Right on 'wolfie'...
                  Carlos.

Comment

Showing your age there .......

Oh and mine
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                      That looks like a direct result of EGR to me ...

... Blank the fecker off and keep the solenoid plugged in for a faultfree ECU - or zero the EGR duty-cycle via OBD if the ECU allows you.
                      The OBD2 diagnostics is sophisticated enough to detect that the EGR system is not operating properly with the port blocked off. On the Bosch and Siemens systems I have seen, the EGR function is self tested under deceleration during a "drive cycle". You would not know that the EGR valve is opened at that time because a change in engine performance would not be noticed. The EGR valve is opened and the change in Oxygen sensor signal voltage is monitered. The software knows what the change should be and it will throw a code for "insufficient EGR flow" or, "EGR performance" if this is not so. So you need to change the software to only allow the EGR to test itself and not operate any other time
                      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

thats

true you get a "flow to low" fault, and as you say the egr is the devils work. We add the one intank and one via the airflow, because we know of this, problem, because of alot of cold starting here.

The engine had run 50 000km

Comment

Working...
                        X