GT5 Prologue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
    Guys I did ask in the old comp section but if you have a PS3 would you mind PM so I can add you as a buddy?

I only know 2 other people who own PS3's round my end.
    Dubbedup

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      Guys I did ask in the old comp section but if you have a PS3 would you mind PM so I can add you as a buddy?

I only know 2 other people who own PS3's round my end.
      Ritch66

Comment

GT5.......wots it all about?

This thread kinda went dead after every1 commented on obtaining a copy!!!

Are you all thinking the same as me, very good to look at (especially in HD), but shocking game play, physics, driving feedback, dynamics and don't mention the online calamity!

I know this is just a taster/prologue, but its shocking!

We can only hope the 'proper' full fat version (due late Sept) is a whole lot better.

Having been a car game nut for some time (GT1,2,3 & 4, TOCA 1,2&3, forza1 & 2, Formula 1 2002-07, NFS - hey even mario kart! etc etc) I really expected a lot more from, what is essentially, their demo to entice in the masses....There is no realism in how the cars feel/handle. To quote an example, driving into a banked left hand corner (speedway) in the Nissan GT-R and releasing the accelerator (no brakes!) the rear goes into a drift/power slide!! WTF... ! This just does not happen, you let off on the gas and things slow down (in real life and make believe!!)

Sorry, but a mini rant was needed. I wasted 3 hrs of my evening thinking things could get better, but then giving up and switching on the 360 and Forza 2. (not to mention the angry looking girlfriend that went to bed early, but I'm putting that down to crap sat eve tv and not the fact that I've been like a 15yr old video game nerd!)
        'mini ps', she went to bed before i resorted back to the 360, well, she'd never know!

Playstation have a long way to go to make GT5 better than the Forza2 offering on the 360.

I am not pro 360 or PS3, i have been stupid and invested in both. I sit on the fence and shoot from the hip, but in my world the 360 is still winning.

Any views naturally welcome.

Rich

Comment

So far Ive been impressed overall tbh, I agree about the GTR!
          I was going round a track and slightly lifted to slow down and lost the back end bigtime!
          I thought it was my driving style at first, but now Im not so sure...

Comment

Absolutely Dest, this is supposed to be a 'driving simulator' and not likened to RidgeRacer!

I know its early days, and you will be able to tune and tinker in the full fat version - and if we're lucky they might even add damage! But so far, it just feels arcade like. However, it wins hands down on looks - totally awesome on replays, with the reflections on the cars and the grass and daisies wafting with the cars passing!

Have you tried online with it yet? As soon as you've finished you get booted from the track and you have to re-search for a game match (no chance of re-matches/revenge with peps you've just raced! )....again, i am sure with time, and all the neg feedback they are getting, this will be addressed soon.

Regards

Rich

Comment

Yeah ive raced online quite alot, more than doing the event races offline TBH.
              It can be annoying when the host quits because they are doing crap which causes the race to instantly end, and when people ram you for going past them, but intime Im sure it willbe weeded out.

All Ive seen so far on forums is people saying its not this, its not that blah blah blah... but they seem to forget its FAR from a finished game yet!

Comment

Well, there's only really one thing you can do when you have a spare set of seats sitting doing nothing in the kitchen......

Comment

Dest you are a legend

Comment

martyn you are ridiculous

What the picture doesn't show is Sassy playing WoW on the right

Comment

Working...
                    X