VW Tourans???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Tourans???

Been looking into a Touran for the Mrs, anyone had any experience with them, known issues, good points/bad points?
    Fancy the 2.0 TDi Sport prob around 54plate
    Struggling to convince the other half on the DSG box, so will prob stick to the manual. I ain't heard of anything show stoppingly bad about them and few reviews and stuff seem to reckon they are ok
    An excuse to keep the miles down on the S6 anyway

Hi mate, I am an ex 'Ran owner.

check this thread out for lots of 'Ran loving...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=touran

Comment

Only thing that we really see is the twin mass flywheels failing oh an have started having a few with the ESP light coming on and its the ABS control unit that fails have had about 8 of them in 2 months

apart from that there not bad and the DSG is a really nice box

Comment

Get it with a DSG and you will never regret it.

I got the 2.0 16V TDI engine with DSG in my Seat Altea and it is a very nice combo. However this engine is not as good in regards to fuel econemy as the 1.9 TDI engine.

I get in average around 14 km/L and I believe the Touran we had at my company was around 18-19 KM/L.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

I brought one for the missus a couple of years back, it's a 2.0 TDi on a 54 plate, it's a great car, I have had only 2 problems, the NSR passenger door lock failed and it took a little while to get the stealers to acknowledge the problem was with the lock itself and change this out under warranty, I then had a little battle with them to get the money paid out for the "adjustements" to the mechanism that they claimed was the cause of the problem... I won in the end; secondly the steering wheel decided to shed it's coating, again fixed under warranty.
          I also agree with the economy not being quite as good as the 1.9TDi (also have a late Mk iv golf 150 PD) which is regularly 10% better on economy over a tank.

All in all a top motor and pretty brisk for what it is. Currently in process of deciding whether to P/ex the pair of them for new models or keep for the duration.

p.s: One annoyance is that I occassionally seem to brush the radio tuner control with my hand after changing gear which detunes the radio. The wife has also expressed the same annoyance, not a biggie but worth a mention.

Comment

Touran

We run a 1.9 TDI
            Good points:
            Very practical for a family.
            Nice high driving position wife loves.
            Meant to be a safe car.
            Is good on juice.

Bad points:
            Handling.
            Noisy engine.
            Not build like a 14 yr S2 - trim falls off.
            Clutch failed 1 week before warranty ran out at 33k miles - phew.

Overall - happy with but would check out 2.0 TDI, S-Max and Mazda 5 before buying another.

Nigelm

Comment

Thanks for the replies people

We off to check out a couple over the weekend to see how the Mrs copes with driving one etc.
              The ABS controller issue sounds concerning, they don't sound cheap when they out of warranty? Suppose all cars have there gremlins though, God knows I drive a 5 pot turbo!
              What do we reckon on getting them a little help in the boost department, with regards a re-map? I know, I know, ****** off onto the "Daddy van" forums

Comment

Originally posted by lune View Post
                I know, I know, ****** off onto the "Daddy van" forums
                Something to tell us?
                Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by BRY View Post
                  Something to tell us?
                  Not too worry, still the dog only! The little ****** causes us enough bother, she managed to snatch 1/2 a chicken off the kitchen bench tonight and munched the lot, bones and all!
                  The 'ran is just cos she's a spoilt dog and likes a big boot (got used to the S6)

Comment

Just checking.
                    Mine is due on the 11th July.
                    I'm keeping the current line up and resisting a van.
                    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
                    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by BRY View Post
                      Just checking.
                      Mine is due on the 11th July.
                      I'm keeping the current line up and resisting a van.
                      Nicky's (S3) is due Aug 11th & he's lookin for a Freelander (bloody turncoat!)
                      Mick (S2'6's and misc VW's) is due sometime in May & he's lookin to finish his 500bhp Scirocco Storm!

I'm avoiding that club for as long as I can

Comment

Very Good

We've had one since 2006, 1.9tdi, 105 bhp manual six speed, 7 seater, and can't say enough about them, good that is.

To be realistic, it hasn't missed a beat, 36K miles, obviously it is very economically compared to any S2.

We had the diesel preheater turned off by the dealer which got rid of the fumes/smoke that very occasionally occurred, see the Touran web site for details of this and other information on Tourans.

Handling and brakes all perfect. It's a black highline with light fawn coloured leather.

Only change I'd make is making sure I bought a DSG gearbox in the next one and will obviously go for the 170bhp one.

pm me if you want more info or a chat about them.

Comment

Working...
                        X