Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i pick everyones brain need help?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i pick everyones brain need help?????

Hi everyone i was just wondering if anyone could help me?? i have purchased some second hand xenon lights from the convertible model, it came with the projector unit, from the back of the unit there is a a black cable which goes to the amplifier box. There is another plug coming from the amplifier box with two wires with spade connectors, one is brown which i guess is live and a yellow which is earth???? Does anyone know how to connect this units to the existing unit.
    On the existing unit there is a brown cable which goes to the outside edge which is linked to the other brown cable coming from the side light. The yellow cable is attached to the centre which is the supply for the bulb.

I hope i explained this to the best of my ability, can anyone please help to indicate where i have to wire the xenon light unit. Any help would be appreciated. Also can you test the light unit on a battery by placing the wires on negative and positive?????

Yes you can test the unit like that just make sure the battery has enough power in it first otherwise it will just strobe.

If its projectors you have the live just goes into the yellow wire inside the unit (one that usually goes on the back of the bulb and then you earth the other wire (usually black) out to the bodywork and then plug the unit in normally.

At least thats what mine did.

hth's

Comment

An make sure when your playing with these that you are very very carefull as they can give you a shock like no other..

Comment

Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
        An make sure when your playing with these that you are very very carefull as they can give you a shock like no other..
        Yes I agree here, I was doing my foglights in the rain and wondered why one was strobing as all the others was on to say the shock I got was not nice is a understatement, luckily the reason why it was strobing was a drained battery due to engine not running otherwise it could have been worse

Comment

a little more info

acidburn there is a large black cable going to the back of the bulb, im guessing im going to have to modify the covering cap on the back of the light unit, on the silver box there is another plug with two wires one yellow and one brown cable, both have male spade connectors, will i have cut the old wires and join to the new ones????

Comment

now i havent done it but what voltage do these run at all i know its enough to make you turn from does this go here to

Comment

Originally posted by steve1234 View Post
              acidburn there is a large black cable going to the back of the bulb, im guessing im going to have to modify the covering cap on the back of the light unit, on the silver box there is another plug with two wires one yellow and one brown cable, both have male spade connectors, will i have cut the old wires and join to the new ones????
              on the covers at the back make a hole for the bulb so the wires come thru the back on the flat bit of the cover directly behind the bulb if possible (not at the sides as it still won't fit right)

The black wire that comes out the bulb should connect to the wires in the ballast packs and then the ballast pack wires (yellow one i'd presume is live and needs to go to the wire in the headlight) and the black wire earth to the body.

There are threads by martynf on here saying how to do this and iirc jas11n as well

hth's

Comment

Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
                now i havent done it but what voltage do these run at all i know its enough to make you turn from does this go here to
                IIRC my chinese fog lights ones (which run at less power than my headlights ones) are something stupid like 23-35,000 and the spark in the wet will jump between the connectors (via me ) approx 5 cm's each side of me.

Be carefull with it as it is one hell of a kick but should be ok if its dry

Comment

Check out
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ht=fitting+hid

Comment

Doh...

they ain't called HID's fur nufin...couldn't help that...
                    Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by steve1234 View Post
                      one is brown which i guess is live and a yellow which is earth????
                      I'm guessing you haven't worked on Audi electrics before?
                      SS

Comment

Harsh.........

But fair Stu !
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

It reminds me of the man that wired his fuel pump the wrong way, and wondered why it buzzed away, but no fuel came through.
                          SS

Comment

LOL - creating nice bubbles in the petrol tank presumably
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                            X