Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

importing S2 to Florida!!! Is it possible??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing S2 to Florida!!! Is it possible??

Can anyone advise me please! Seems like it will be complete nightmare taking my S2 to Florida when i move next year - it apparently needs to reach their safety standards and the talk is $12,000 to modify it - side impacts, airbags etc. what do you reckon?
    This was my boss and I know for a fact if he was around today he would be driving a sick ABY armour plated S2 1500 bhp....
    sigpic

would it not be easyer, and cheaper to get a 7a out there and transplant an s2 engine/drivetrain? seems a bit extreem?

Ant
    91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
    KW V2s and other goodies
    now gone
    03' BMW 330CI - Sold
    08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
    57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

saltinot imported a shell,not sure how much difference there would be to what you are doing.May have been imported as parts/scrap and then maybe you can register a car over there that is put back together.Have heard of this happening in barbados(or somewhere nearby) when someone exported a car over from england.I believe the same is possible in oz.

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26534

Comment

ive kinda been here done that,and i feel for anybody that finds themselves in this mess.
          I had to import my avant at xmas.The car had been here for 4 years before i bought it,and when i swapped my coupe for it i had to get it registered on uk plates. I know Britain isn't one of the toughest places for mot's etc but surely the US cant be much harsher?
          Before i could get on uk plates i had to get it mot'd then pay £50 Admin fee to be issued with a registration number.
          Did the 7A come with side impact bars etc?

Comment

export it to Canada / Mexico and drive it over the border?

the later 91 cars had side impact bars AFAIK. My 1990 doesn't, but I had a door off a J-plater that did

cCn't be that hard to import cars in the US as they have a big jap import scene don't they.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

cCn't be that hard to import cars in the US as they have a big jap import scene don't they.
              i wouldnt have thought there would be many grey imports over there?as all japcars are RHD,unless they have them converted i suppose.

Comment

You can swap the foam inserts in the doors over between them if you can get hold of them, only held in by a couple of bolts etc.

Btw before you do move can you post up some pictures of your car frank it looks quite nice.

Comment

Importing non-US spec cars into Florida has been done before by foreign nationals. Florida is in my backyard and I have lots of friends there that would be glad to give you a hand. Just let me know and I can get you in contact with some of the FL Audi Club guys.

I do know of one S4 4.2 that was imported into Florida by a young college student. The car was not "federalized" and was allowed to enter for a fixed amount of time. This fixed time was never reached as the car was wrapped around a telephone post and then burned completely.

Comment

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...ingyourcar.htm

Comment

Thanx for all da replies - wicked link a_CQ - and saltinot I definitely want da contact for Audi Florida - thanx - heres sum photos acidburn - now u kno y i cant leave it behind.....
                      Attached Files
                      This was my boss and I know for a fact if he was around today he would be driving a sick ABY armour plated S2 1500 bhp....
                      sigpic

Comment

frank,did you go to lemans in this car 2006? and have you put a private plate on? if so ive got a pic of it

Comment

Cheers for posting up some pictures

What size rims are on it? 18's?

Comment

didnt go to le mans but previous owner might have - i have put private plate on it ! show me your pic !

yup 18s
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FRANK NITTI View Post
                              didnt go to le mans but previous owner might have - i have put private plate on it ! show me your pic !

yup 18s
                              pm me your mobile number

Comment

Working...
                              X