Driven mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm nice looking car but 177k just a little too high for my liking tbh
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

You ARE too picky mate... Condition is way more important than mileage IMO...

The engine and gearbox are bombproof - sure enough some running gear might need attention. But that is way easier than getting an abused lower mileage car up to puff. Any that need lots of paint will set you back at least £1500 for a halfway decent paint job.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Paul mate if youd seen some of the cars that id seen that people were/are asking £13-15k for you would be of a differing opinion i can assure you... flew to the other end of the country to see one the best ive seen which needed lots doing... that needed a full complete repaint (for me to be happy with it) i offered on it but the guy decided my offer was too low... when i went back to him upping my offer its now not for sale (his car his choice and hes now decided to keep it ) if the car is fairly priced for what it is ive not got a problem... oh btw i can be picky as its my hard earned.... unless your treating buddy
        S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

£13 - 15K SHOULD be buying you a real minter, if people are labeling them at that price and they are turning out to be not all that I'd be well p*ssed especially travelling big distances!!

what seems to be the most common downfalls you're picking up on? Paintwork seems to be one by the sounds..

Comment

As you say Darren when you travel 200+ miles to look at a car thats been described as being in `pristine and near show order` to find the headlights cracked and front majorly peppered and the screen cracked sunroof not closing properly and engine misfiring with a tailgate that wont close squarely with the back of the recaros shredded by the guys dogs along with the same effect on the rear door cards yep maybe im expecting too much for my £12500 in that case this particular guy would not accept a penny less either even when id pointed out all the faults he hadnt mentioned... was majorly ****** with him and i could see he knew it now im a big friendly guy he was only a 6ft streak of wotsit but had his 2 dobermans wandering around so kept my voice down just in case he set them on me and then set off back to the airport hey ho

Comment

what a tossrag, just put it down to bad experience and in future make it more clear before hand whats expected at top money, even then, nobhead's like that would still see their car "as the finest example avalible" Really winds me up...Idiots!!

I dont trust dobermans either, stems back from Magnum PI days i reckon..

Comment

Working...
              X