Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ski View Post
    Just thought I would add my 2 pence

The guy is not an idiot. Sure he wrecked a car he has insurance for. but it was done in a safe environment and he had protective clothing (helmet). That what track days are for arnt they? to test the limit of your car/driving skills? he found his limit thats all Rather he crash there then on my road.

Or do I look at life in a weired way?
    Unfortunately I cannot post full details of the incident as it has gone legal or else you would see what a true idiot he is. Suffice to say he didn't have insurance.

So yes he is an idiot

Comment

Ski, sorry mate, but yes he is an idiot. Protective clothing (helmet) is no good to you when you get straight out of the car when cars are still going round. The first thing most people on track are going to do is look which could have easily caused another accident, big mistake there.

He wrecked a car that wasn't his without insurance. I would expect that he is a seriously unpopular guy at this moment in time and also for the forseeable future!
      1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
      2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
      1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

The one with the Audi R8 is funnier though! Must have been a mate driving it from the passenger's reaction!

Comment

don't worry it will polish out

found on audifans

Comment

Originally posted by goodall View Post
            anyway still entered too fast
            Err no actually, I would disagree with that.

He braked after overtaking the puke coloured TiT so probably entered the corner at about the same speed. Notice the TiT was able to back off mid corner and brake before straight to avoid this chump, so entry speed alone was not the issue.

I have overtaken people in the same place and can tell you that the problem as suggested above is that after overtaking, your entry line suffers, meaning he was heading wide and so undoubtedly fully lifted and experienced lift-off oversteer....hence the many 'numpty' references.

Again as already mentioned in several threads, he could have blended the throttle to bring the nose in or just booted it he would have made it round at least 1 more lap. All in all, from the other clips I have seen, he was always going to bin it somewhere

Cheers n

Si
            95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
            Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
            With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
              Err no actually, I would disagree with that.

He braked after overtaking the puke coloured TiT so probably entered the corner at about the same speed. Notice the TiT was able to back off mid corner and brake before straight to avoid this chump, so entry speed alone was not the issue.

I have overtaken people in the same place and can tell you that the problem as suggested above is that after overtaking, your entry line suffers, meaning he was heading wide and so undoubtedly fully lifted and experienced lift-off oversteer....hence the many 'numpty' references.

Again as already mentioned in several threads, he could have blended the throttle to bring the nose in or just booted it he would have made it round at least 1 more lap. All in all, from the other clips I have seen, he was always going to bin it somewhere

Cheers n

Si
              Dead right

It's panicking and the associated lift off over steer that gets people every time.

cheers

rich
              sigpic
              "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
              BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
              1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
              2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Working...
              X