No announcement yet.

Am I an Idiot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a hobby that we take pride in, other people are into different things and we like cars.
    best thing to say to that guy when he says something again is "your a simple person and i wouldnt expect you to understand and ill buy you a beer so u can forget how much your life sucks"...hahaha. well you can leave out the last part but its there if you need it
    Pete
    Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
    AAN swap in progress

Comment

I always think the idiots are the people who get a car on say the options scheme or what ever it was by ford just pay 2000 now 190 a month for four years then you can give us another 4000 pounds to keep the car or start over again. and with most typical ***** cars the last payment is more than the car is worth. now to me those are the idiots always just paying for a car they never actually own.

At work some people ask me whats my car worth and it always makes me laugh when i ask them what they think they would get for theres and once they have told me i say wow you actually went and brought the car for cash. no i owe them x amount still so i laugh saying so your cars actually worth less than you owe,,
      Normally shuts them up.

Comment

Originally posted by pixsaudisex2 View Post
        I always think the idiots are the people who get a car on say the options scheme or what ever it was by ford just pay 2000 now 190 a month for four years then you can give us another 4000 pounds to keep the car or start over again. and with most typical ***** cars the last payment is more than the car is worth. now to me those are the idiots always just paying for a car they never actually own.

At work some people ask me whats my car worth and it always makes me laugh when i ask them what they think they would get for theres and once they have told me i say wow you actually went and brought the car for cash. no i owe them x amount still so i laugh saying so your cars actually worth less than you owe,,
        Normally shuts them up.
        Point well made. I've got a friend who got a car on lease. It was a new golf tdi with a really high spec and he was paying neally £300 per month for a car he'd never own. I tryed to get him to think about buying an older car and spend £300 a month on it, sort of like i've been doing with the CQ. He crashed the lease car when it was only 6 weeks old.

Comment

Originally posted by raboc View Post
          Please make sure to log out of s2forum.com before letting your wife use the computer

Long time no see, btw - I've sold my Audi and bought an BMW(!) *shame*
          Who is Audi_CQ

BMW isn't bad is it? I'm a car nut, and not an Audi fanatic Check PM

Comment

BMW. ok, well engineered 6cyls. I just don't like these shapes. And the very point is, I'm a quattro fan
            '93 Audi S2 Avant panthero black, 412.000km
            '94 Audi S4 C4 Avant 303Tkm, KW, Brembos, BN-Pipes, Bose, S6 front (sold)
            '93 Audi S4 C4 Avant, 260Tkm
            '88 Audi 100 Avant turbo 44Q
            '84 Audi 80 quattro tornado red
            sigpic

Comment

I used to hear the same tosh at work from people who all dived into the lease car scheme "you could have a nice new car and never have to worry about the servicing"

...and then when the company went belly up and the lease car scheme fell flat on it's face, they all had to run around looking for a cheap car to replace the fancy new thing they'd been driving ...some were even getting cheap cars (or mopeds!) to avoid going over the allowed mileage!!

I never took part in the company lease scheme because I clocked up more miles in my journey to and from work than the allowed average, above which you had to pay extra for however many miles you went over the allowed amount.

Oh, and you were forced to insure with one of only two companies.

One guy at work spent quite a bit getting a virtually new ...Proton. And he only did that because his family did the same (and they couldn't buy Ladas anymore because the local dealer had closed). I find that a whole lot harder to understand than owning an older, better quality car.
              Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

these cars never age and will still look as modern as anything in the showrooms today and will do in 10 years time and as the years go by they will only go up in value and will still be quicker pound for pound than anything modern. but people just don't understand and think a new car must be better just because it's new the misguided fools. I LOVE ME RETRO AUDI'S

Comment

I could have bought already a brand new lamborghini murcielago with the money i invested in the rs2.
                  if someone calls you an idiot regarding this, he knows nothing about enthusiasm.
                  This is the kind of people that kill the old dog, that can be treated, just because it is cheaper to buy a "new" one.
                  THE BLOG ABOUT THE REVENTON GREY RS2 called BOMBER....

Comment

Just ask him what car he could buy for £2200 + cost of your car, and not have to spend money on just to keep it going, let alone making it go and handle as well as yours does!

Comment

Originally posted by monstereddie View Post
                      I could have bought already a brand new lamborghini murcielago with the money i invested in the rs2.
                      if someone calls you an idiot regarding this, he knows nothing about enthusiasm.
                      This is the kind of people that kill the old dog, that can be treated, just because it is cheaper to buy a "new" one.
                      That Lambo colour RS2 Rocks.
                      RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

This subject boils my blood

Some times i get the same reaction for spending 10k+ on an E reg golf, but when i tell them what performance i'm getting from it they soon SHUT UP!

It's a shame really because this is a common view is society today.
                        The ONLY S2 Golf!
                        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                        10.42@138mph
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Working...
                        X