Radiator MOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator MOD?

Well I am going to be fitting AAN intake manifold on the coupe soon and have been trying to think of ways round me having not to butcher radiator mounts ,changing the throttle body round , water rail issues so on ....My idea was to use a V6 radiator if possible as i know the front bumpers are the same ,front end is the same apart from the crossmember that holds the rad in place and with me fitting a large after market FMIC I would need to play about with this with regard fitment so will use V6 mount

Issues I know i will have to over come will be distance between the fan and the front of the engine (with changing the crossmember this should counter sink in to a degree)

The hoses are different but i have a friend that can help with this so this should not be to much of an issue only hoses on the drivers side should cause the most problems

Has anybody tried this?

Steve
    93 S2 Avant Parting
    91 URQ RR
    02 A4 tdi Avant

You can remount the existing radiator at an angle and adjust the brackets to suit
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I had thought about that but with it been a 3B it looks to tight as the ABS and the battery tray take up all the room
      93 S2 Avant Parting
      91 URQ RR
      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

why not buy an wagner inlet manifold? (if you have the money of course)

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

no need for a change from standard S2 for less than 420 or so.

Comment

On this forum there is a user that has AAN intake and cooler from civic VTI. That S2 is on S2 calendar but I dont know users name.
            S2+AAN in progress (again), BMW 3 compact

Comment

I think you'll struggle with the intercooler with the V6 rad, they're pretty big.
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Nothing ventured nothing gained ...I have bought a V6 rad/crossmember and all the hoses ,picked it up for very little so wont be to upset if it does not work
                93 S2 Avant Parting
                91 URQ RR
                02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Toyed with this idea also, as one does,

for the second Avant. Had hoped it would be a cheaper option that a Wagner, but maybe not?

A definitive how to sticky for both would be very handy for all?

Keen to see how you get on with this manifold plan.

Is there anyone whose just changed from the std S2, RS2 rear inlet manifold to a front inlet manifold, what were differences / benefits encountered? Was it worthwhile, any good, quicker spool up time, anything to look out for?

Thanks and kind regards.

Comment

Working...
                  X