No announcement yet.

rs2 on the rollers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but were not talking absolute just an indication only an engine dyno will give you true figures. As long as it's not US bhp it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      yeah but were not talking absolute just an indication only an engine dyno will give you true figures. As long as it's not US bhp it's all good.
      True that, but the problem is that wheel figures will vary drastically between dynos, so you can't compare for example whp from a Dynojet with whp from a Dyno Dynamics.
      300whp really tells us nothing without knowing brand of dyno. MAHA dynos often being the most ridiculous, I have seen a print from a 1.8TQ on a MAHA with 69hp at the wheels corrected to approx 165hp at the crank. Javads 80 pulled 390whp on a MAHA, corrected to 622hp at the crank..
      1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
      1994 80E Avant
      1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Graph as promised. Sorry about the squiggles - kids!! Does the torque curve look ok and also the BHP curve not consistent?

Thanks guys - James
        Attached Files

Comment

to me the fact that the power+torgue is not linear but curvy tells me that there is probably something wrong.Maybe the fuel was not so good,and you were getting some ignition retard.

On the other hand it is pretty much impossible to have 300hp at the wheels and then 357hp at the crank.

On a maha dyno i made supposedly 256hp at the wheels and then 356hp at the crank with the 3071r turbo.

Nice results but i wouldnt make too much something out of them as far as numbers are concerned,but try to compare them before and afrer a remap,or try to see why the lines are not that linear

Comment

Originally posted by rallyejames View Post
            Graph as promised. Sorry about the squiggles - kids!! Does the torque curve look ok and also the BHP curve not consistent?

Thanks guys - James
            I've seen that a few times before, classic flat spot shape, I've got a dyno run on here somewhere exactly the same shape. I'd say either pos, coil packs, plugs or boots or as A80 says bad fuel.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Cant feel any noticable probs on the road......feels very strong and consistant.....plugs were replaced in the last service.Really could do with a set off silicon hoses....boost hoses looking like they need replacing desperatly.

Comment

i had a few runs done in Greece with my brothers focus ST and we noticed a small flat spot on around 5000rpm where the acceleration rate was stable for a few fragments of a sec.That however made the whole power/torgue run completelly out of proportion since we are using an acceleration rate to produce the results.

It was only noticable with the performance box.In real time,you couldnt notice any difference when accelerating.

So there may be small spots there that are causing issues,but are unnoticable at the time.On the other hand,the dyno may be also the problem here as well,so unless you do a power run on the road(where you drive the car) you will never know.

Comment

Working...
                X