Hmmm..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm..

Was browsing the bay for a replacement wheel for my 330 and came across this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-MV1-M-TECH...1%7C240%3A1318
    15 quid easy fix apparently!
    Old Stuff Reborn.

Erm it's a BMW wheel on a Audi forum, prepare for abuse!

Comment

I know (guilty pleasure...).
      Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

That wheel is write off anyway. I would not want that back on my car....
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

easy fix

yeah, its called a skip
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Are you been serious?...
            93 S2 Avant Parting
            91 URQ RR
            02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

ffs is he serious
              sigpic

Comment

"chipped"

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

I've emailed him and asked him to elaborate on how i could easily refurb it for 15 notes and what materials i would need.
                  Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Some copydex and u-hoo glue should sort that, definately fubarred I would weigh that in if it was mine, only way it would safely make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
                      Some copydex and u-hoo glue should sort that, definately fubarred I would weigh that in if it was mine, only way it would safely make money.
                      If it's not magnesium - our local "wizards" used to fix ("fix"?) much more damaged wheels. And did that in scarying quantities (never heard about accident related to this).

But it was in pre-E.U. times, when labour was cheap (there were lots of ppl from military, aerospace industry who lost their jobs, but not their skills), ppl were not lazy, and everything imported was silly expensive. Now only few shops do that and I doubt about quality and price...

I've used to use such welded wheel on my 80 (at the rear) for few years. No balancing, leak or other problems.

Sau
                      200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
                      CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

omg!
                        does he really think he ll even sell it!
                        £2 at the scrap mans would be lucky
                        those B*W wheels are naff anyway.
                        I had some on a 325tds before christmas, buckled when i bought the car so got shot of them and had standard ones.
                        18" looked good but were really crap for handling and comfort.
                        Anyway, got rid of the car as it was too fast and good on fuel
                        Bought a Discovery instead!

Comment

Working...
                        X