No announcement yet.

UK to Norway trip - Any hints or tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather can change quite much in southern Norway. Along the southern coastline it can be quite "warm" also in februar, but also very very cold if your unlucky. (We experienced down to -22deg here in Fredrikstad last winter) Usual temperature range +5 to -10 deg I'll guess.

However, all main roads and higways are cleared for snow and salted to remove ice.
    "Ring addicted"
    8,43 BTG with trafic and roadworks:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYg50Bg2lVQ

Comment

Thanks Magnus. That's the trouble with the weather, it can vary.
      We had -13°C here in the hills of Devon last winter. Other winters there has been no frost. But I'm almost as far from the sea as you can get here on the Southwest peninsula, ~30km.

The trouble here in the UK is that it is very hit-and-miss if the roads are gritted/salted.

I'm guessing the E6 up the West coast of Sweden and up to Oslo will be the coldest part, until we head back towards the warmer Gulf Stream influenced regions. Sleeping in the car could be a different experience from the summer trip.

There's only one way to find out what it's going to be like, and that's to go there. I just want to be prepared that's all.
      SS

Comment

Working...
      X