audi VIN decoder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr405 View Post
    It's a 1984 80 quattro .. not sport quattro ..

I'm looking for engine code and other details ..

whats your idea about +800hp project .. which engine in better for that?

tnx
    I must point out that typ81 means it's FWD. Typ85 meant Quattro. So there are 2 possibilities - someone has rebuilt it or the VIN has been illegaly changed on the chassis.
    1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      If you want more details, look the boot for a tag like the one below and then post up a photo of it:

where can i find this ?? there isn't in docs..

in ETKA software there are lots of quattro models in sales type 81 ...

that mean it's real VIN for 84's quattro ..

I think the engine code is JS ..
      Last edited by mr405; 10 March 2013, 05:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Klobsters View Post
        I must point out that typ81 means it's FWD. Typ85 meant Quattro. So there are 2 possibilities - someone has rebuilt it or the VIN has been illegaly changed on the chassis.
        Soo...WAUZZZ85ZFA mans Quattro?....This is super news...

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
          Soo...WAUZZZ85ZFA mans Quattro?....This is super news...
          Not necessarily.

The Type 85 body, i.e. two-door coupe, extends in one form or another from 1980 to 1991. Type 85 covers coupes (ACO) (not quattro) (1981-87), coupe quattros (ACOQ) (1985-88) and *THE* "quattro" (AQS) (1980-1991)

The ACO VINs were 85-model year letter - A (= Ingolstadt) 000001 and up with reset each year

The ACOQ VINS were also 85-model year letter - A (= Ingolstadt) - 000001 and up with reset each year.

The AQS VINs were mostly 85-model year letter - A (= Ingolstadt) 900001 and up with reset each year to 900001 (until 1989 when the number sequences started at 000001 each year (since he coupe quattros were done and gone)).

So without knowing the numbers and seeing a build tag, WAUZZZ85ZFA??????, only means it is a 1985 model year (the "F") Type 85 built in Ingolstadt - with no way of telling whether it is a coupe, coupe quattro or Audi quattro. Need more info.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Well I'm not sure about the Coupes but if we are talking about Audi 80 saloons, it should be like that... E.g. my Audi 80 made in 1986, FWD is typ81, every Quattro I have seen, even if made in 1981 is Typ85.
            Probably should make a call to Audi to make sure though.

Anyway, can you tell me something about the options the one in the picture has?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Klobsters; 10 March 2013, 08:28.
            1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

Well I'm not sure about the Coupes but if we are talking about Audi 80 saloons, it should be like that... E.g. my Audi 80 made in 1986, FWD is typ81, every Quattro I have seen, even if made in 1981 is Typ85. Probably should make a call to Audi to make sure though. Anyway, can you tell me something about the options the one in the picture has?
              I think people are getting confused with THE Audi quattro (the all-wheel drive, turbo-charged, five cylinder, box-flared Coupe circa 1980-1991) which is a Type 85, and Audi 80s sedans/saloons, etc (Type 81s) that were equipped with the all-wheel drive system that Audi marketed as as "quattro".

As for your build tag, this is what I get:

Audi 80 4dr LHD with 66 kW/90 hp carbureted 1.8L engine (DS) with five-speed 2N two-wheel drive transmission (PN 013300043AX) in stone grey metallic (LY7U) with brazil brown cloth sports seats (43).

R22 Power Steering With Mobility Aid (Additional Damping Valves And Limited Steering Lift Mechanism)
              W46 4-Way Shift Mechanism
              197 #N/A (don't know, not listed that I could find)
              272 Steering Damper
              528 Exterior mirror, right, convex
              560 Manual metal sunroof
              619 #N/A (don't know, can't find a listing)
              704 Audi 80 GT package including spoilers and sport seats (long list)
              751 More Audi 80 GT/GTE content including 6J x 14 wheels
              Last edited by UrS4boy; 10 March 2013, 20:42.

Comment

hi
                I need detail of this vin
                WAUZZZ81ZEA800483
                thanks ..
                Something from these... see attachment.

"81" after ZZZ doesn't mean it's FWD
                For example I have 80 quattro 4cyl with WAUZZZ81ZGA... built in 1986.

I think people are getting confused with THE Audi quattro (the all-wheel drive, turbo-charged, five cylinder, box-flared Coupe circa 1980-1991) which is a Type 85
                You mean Quattro with upper case Q.

and Audi 80s sedans/saloons, etc (Type 81s) that were equipped with the all-wheel drive system that Audi marketed as as "quattro".
                every B2 quattro is typ85.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Val; 11 May 2013, 13:44.
                5vtq gte

Comment

Originally posted by Val View Post
                  every B2 quattro is typ85.
                  How do you figure that? The coupes were Typ85, quattro or FWD or Quattro

The B2 A80s and A80Qs were listed as Typ81s as you show in your listing. How do you get "85" from 81nnn?

Last edited by UrS4boy; 11 May 2013, 17:24.

Comment

....every B2 quattro is typ85.
                    Jens's Audi pages states that the B2s were Typ 81s until July 1984 when the face-lifted Typ 81s became Typ 85s (for the 1985 model year). I still don't know where B2 = Typ85 came from because ETKA still lists a 1985 Audi 80 as an 81nnn (but the ACOQ = 85nnn). That said, I don't know if I trust Jens's info because he does not designate a 1989 A80Q as an 8A, in fact he lists all B3s as Typ89s when infact there was a split 7/89 to 8/89 between 89nnn and 8Annn.

http://www.audistory.24max.de/old1/em.htm
                    Last edited by UrS4boy; 11 May 2013, 17:36.

Comment

Jens's Audi pages states that the B2s were Typ 81s until July 1984 when the face-lifted Typ 81s became Typ 85s (for the 1985 model year).
                      http://www.audistory.24max.de/old1/em.htm
                      That is the most common misconception. What I have understood is that b2 quattros are typ85 and FWDs are typ81 although the 2 numbers in the VIN (81 or 85) isn't the type. I can't really tell why they differ. The type is written on another badge under the bonnet.
                      1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

That is the most common misconception. What I have understood is that b2 quattros are typ85 and FWDs are typ81 although the 2 numbers in the VIN (81 or 85) isn't the type. I can't really tell why they differ. The type is written on another badge under the bonnet.
                        Certainly there must be misconceptions out there because I see an Audi 80 quattro designated as a 8110F5 or G5 in the list that was presented. I would really appreciate seeing a photo of the "another badge under the bonnet" that has the "type" written on it.

Quiz: What model and "Type" is this: 447F55 ?

Answer: Audi 200 20VT 3B quattro, an example of a Typ44.

Just saying...

I know there are inconsistencies in designations. However, I would like to see documentation of a "Typ85" tag associated with a VIN with "81" as the model code for a sedan (no arguements with the coupes being Typ85s).
                        Last edited by UrS4boy; 11 May 2013, 21:50.

Comment

How do you get "85" from 81nnn?
                          That's not me. Etka isn't always right.
                          5vtq gte

Comment

However, I would like to see documentation of a "Typ85" tag associated with a VIN with "81" as the model code for a sedan (no arguements with the coupes being Typ85s).
                            I'll post pic from another badge under the bonnet sunday. There's typ85 written and wauzzz81...

Another coupe q 1987 with wrong side steering don't have typ85 written in that badge. Lol. But 85 in vincode.
                            5vtq gte

Comment

I'll post pic from another badge under the bonnet sunday. There's typ85 written and wauzzz81...
                              Another coupe q 1987 with wrong side steering don't have typ85 written in that badge. Lol. But 85 in vincode.
                              Again, I agree mid-1980's coupes are Typ85s. No question. What I am interested in is a pre-B3 A80Q quattro sedan (2 dr or 4 dr) designated as a "Typ85" when the VIN has WAUZZZ81.... in it. You are probably right but with me you need to hammer a stake in my heart/brain with hard evidence before I will shut up.

Comment

hi

I need detail of this vin

WAUZZZ81ZEA800483

anyone can help me ?

thanks ..
                                Audi 80 (4dr) Quattro 1984 type 81

Engine JS

Comment