What mods did you regret fitting ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mods did you regret fitting ???

just interested in what you may have fitted that may of been a mistake?

mine (when 1st had s2 years ago) - fitting a bleed valve

Solid alloy top mounts, too stiff and wore out within a year.

Poly snub mount, they keep coming off, and dont work as well as the OE rubber.

A cone filter to my 7A, unbelievable noise, but unbelievably noisy.

You live and learn as they say....
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

i wonder how many people fitted a cone and ended up regretting it

Comment

not me! I love mine on the 7A
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Bilstien sports and h&r combo, my moobs(man boobs) can't take much more due to the state the roads are now in
          ruby red, aby coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2spike View Post
            Bilstien sports and h&r combo, my moobs(man boobs) can't take much more due to the state the roads are now in

Until i get it on the 'ring.. looking to change to koni's though, or get the bilsteins sorted.
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Cone filter is about it, everything else has either worked or I've gotten used to it... original exhaust was too quiet.
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

My biggest regret is buying the so called great Porsche 996 mono block brakes. Have been the biggest pain in my *** since the day I fitted them .
                never set your expectations to high that way you are never disapointed

Comment

Originally posted by denniselbows View Post
                  My biggest regret is buying the so called great Porsche 996 mono block brakes. Have been the biggest pain in my *** since the day I fitted them .
                  Why?
                  sigpic
                  1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                  1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                  1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

they're the best mod I fitted, the second best being the 24mm RARB.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Mine has to be putting S8's on my blue S2, because I want some again on this one!

Comment

None....

Haven't fitted that much... Did consider Coil-Overs but after doing lots of research and peoples comments I gave it a miss...

I have just had fitted some Eibach Pro Springs and Boge Turbo Dampers to my MK2 Golf and its 100% better than stock... smoother and 30mm lower - So I would look at the same for the S2 assuming you can get the parts....

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Originally posted by Le S2 Audi View Post
                          None....

Haven't fitted that much... Did consider Coil-Overs but after doing lots of research and peoples comments I gave it a miss...

I have just had fitted some Eibach Pro Springs and Boge Turbo Dampers to my MK2 Golf and its 100% better than stock... smoother and 30mm lower - So I would look at the same for the S2 assuming you can get the parts....
                          My exhaust is already suffering, ad thats just the state of the roads round here. Drop it 30 mm and I'll loose the subframes

Not on the S2 but had an old Mk2 Chavelier, SRi exhaust was a big mistake, but I know better now. (I'll buy ear defenders)

Comment

Originally posted by Evilgoat76 View Post
                            My exhaust is already suffering, ad thats just the state of the roads round here. Drop it 30 mm and I'll loose the subframes

Not on the S2 but had an old Mk2 Chavelier, SRi exhaust was a big mistake, but I know better now. (I'll buy ear defenders)
                            I wouldn't drop the height of the S2 as I think its spot on as it is... IMO

The Best Mod fitted was the 996 Calipers and 323mm Discs... Sooooo Much Better...

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

Came fitted to my car 3" turbo back exhaust. I love the noise but on a day to day basis I think it's a bit annoying and makes me look a **** something I don't need help with!

Comment

Working...
                              X