No announcement yet.

How long should batteries last???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always used Bosch Silvers and they have lasted pretty well for me...several years at a time. That one you linked to looks just fine to me...
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Varta or Bosch for me. Cheap batteries are a false economy. If you're not using the car frequently use a battery charger/conditioner to keep it topped up. That seems to keep them happy for longer.
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I have a few Halfords calcium ones on the go at the moment, oldest will be about 4 years old and still going strong. If you know anyone with a Trade card you should get a decent discount too.
        I should say I also have a OE Audi Moog which came for a 2007 car and is my jump start battery in the Garage, still refuses to die

Comment

Just checked, mine was 7 years old when I replaced it, my brain thought 3 - 4 years, how time flies with an S2!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

the Varta (i got it used) is 11 years old. Its still starts the car (1997 A6 avant) every day.
            sigpic

Comment

I think I'll go with the varta with the comments here, the last one I had was a Halfords one which didn't do too bad as it was fitted in 2011. I normally have it connected up to a battery conditioner in the garage too. I went out to check at the weekend and the conditioner had decided it was a motorbike batery and 7V was enough so its toast unfortunately.
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
              X