No announcement yet.

V6 TDIs...experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have to say reading this has reminded me why despite absolutely loving the allroad, we haven't bought one. As Paul knows, I was looking very seriously for one with the same spec as his for ages yet i just couldn't ignore every report about cost of ownership.

Personally, I'd look for a vw passat 4motion with the 1.9tdi. Less complex, cheaper to own, decent size boot and kit...naturally a lot less grunt than the v6 but you could look for a re-map as there are a few options around and still get close to 600miles per tank out of it. They don't come up that often but thats what i would go for.

As for the door locks on A6's..they are sh*te, i've had to replace the boot lock mechanism and the passenger door one is sticky, doesn't always close when hitting the striker bar, bloody annoying - thy really must have had a cost cut challenge on the A4/A6's in the early 2000's
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
      i have to say reading this has reminded me why despite absolutely loving the allroad, we haven't bought one. As Paul knows, I was looking very seriously for one with the same spec as his for ages yet i just couldn't ignore every report about cost of ownership.

Personally, I'd look for a vw passat 4motion with the 1.9tdi. Less complex, cheaper to own, decent size boot and kit...naturally a lot less grunt than the v6 but you could look for a re-map as there are a few options around and still get close to 600miles per tank out of it. They don't come up that often but thats what i would go for.

As for the door locks on A6's..they are sh*te, i've had to replace the boot lock mechanism and the passenger door one is sticky, doesn't always close when hitting the striker bar, bloody annoying - thy really must have had a cost cut challenge on the A4/A6's in the early 2000's
      A quick browse of the Passats and you can get a lot more car for your money in one of those than an Audi, good call. Much more choice and lower mileage.

Comment

i'm off back to bed for the day, my work is done here
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
          Shane

Comment

In defense of the allroad - hows about that for loyalty given this weeks events - it has loads of common parts, problems & niggles with other A6 quattro and Passat 4motion machines. The air suspension on the allroad is the only big extra item and I would wager that most of the older cars will already have had air compressors and air springs changed already.

There will be loads more choice of Passats around in 1.9TDi format but the 4motion isn't so popular.

Sometimes you just get lucky with something that comes up at the right time for the right money so if you keep your options open with a fairly wide choice then you should be OK.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
            X