This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
    Just had my agreed value £9k confirmed by Adrian Flux.
    Hi,
    Glad we could help out with sorting the value.
    Regards,
    Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX View Post
      Hi,
      Glad we could help out with sorting the value.
      Regards,
      Dan.
      Thanks Dan, I have been with AF for years and always had good service and good value.

Cheers

Steve
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I've been with Privilege Insurance for about 10 years now. 9 years no claims bonus, fully comp, max 3000 pa. Pay around the 340.00 mark from what I remember. Haven't tried to get cheaper, inertia really. Doesn't seem that bad compared to some storeies i've heard. Am in the wrinkly age group, which may help as well :-)...

Comment

Update for 2019. Following the last three years of my car being consistently valued at £9k, which I felt was too low. This year I submitted a lot more paperwork along with the agreed value form. This included current adverts for as many S2's for sale as I could find, along with evidence that my car had won concours competitions and had minor features or write ups in Audi Driver Magazine over the years. This year my AV is £13.5k. Still slightly below where I think it is, but certainly a lot better....
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'm with footman James. Agreed value of 15k, it's £430 with the TVR too.
            1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Update for 2019. Following the last three years of my car being consistently valued at £9k, which I felt was too low. This year I submitted a lot more paperwork along with the agreed value form. This included current adverts for as many S2's for sale as I could find, along with evidence that my car had won concours competitions and had minor features or write ups in Audi Driver Magazine over the years. This year my AV is £13.5k. Still slightly below where I think it is, but certainly a lot better....
              Interesting that they valued your S2 at £13500. I would consider my S2 as a very nice one and possibly one of the nicest examples out there and that’s not me being arrogant or big headed just what I get told!! and I had an option to put mine on AV with AF at 14k and I declined and kept at market value and my arguement if worst was to happen is I would argue the toss with insurance company and show them examples of what’s for sale? This year when mine is due in November am thinking of getting it valued independently. That way get a true reflection of what my car is worth. YOUR S2 has to be for me definitely in the top 5 of our cars what with work you’ve done the condition of yours as it’s stunning!! I think the argument everyone has with their S2’s is nobody knows what they are worth lol!! If someone came along today and offered 15k for mine I’d tell them to jog on but 20k they’d have my attention. Look at RS2 and UR’s even classic BMW or Fords prices are crazy and S2s are a very special car that in my opinion are hugely undervalued.

Comment

Nice going that, what’s the mileage of the car?
                F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
                1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Interesting that they valued your S2 at £13500. I would consider my S2 as a very nice one and possibly one of the nicest examples out there and that’s not me being arrogant or big headed just what I get told!! and I had an option to put mine on AV with AF at 14k and I declined and kept at market value and my arguement if worst was to happen is I would argue the toss with insurance company and show them examples of what’s for sale? This year when mine is due in November am thinking of getting it valued independently. That way get a true reflection of what my car is worth. YOUR S2 has to be for me definitely in the top 5 of our cars what with work you’ve done the condition of yours as it’s stunning!! I think the argument everyone has with their S2’s is nobody knows what they are worth lol!! If someone came along today and offered 15k for mine I’d tell them to jog on but 20k they’d have my attention. Look at RS2 and UR’s even classic BMW or Fords prices are crazy and S2s are a very special car that in my opinion are hugely undervalued.
                  Thanks Anthony. It is all still very subjective. I also think that my car is probably in the top 5 in the country, but realistically I have not seen that may S2's sell for over £13, but equally I have not seen any in the condition that mine is in sell at all. It is worth what someone at the time would pay. That said, if S2's don't follow other "lesser" cars up to an even higher value i would be surprised.

I may go to the trouble of an independent valuation some day, if I can find someone reputable local to me...
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aquas2 View Post

nice going that, what’s the mileage of the car?
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

Credit to you for keeping it in such condition with them miles
                      F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
                      1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

188k may seem high but it’s not in terms of reality and the age of our cars. When I do my road trip next week mine will break the 200k mark

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                          188k may seem high but it’s not in terms of reality and the age of our cars. When I do my road trip next week mine will break the 200k mark
                          My S2 is at 72k, hoping to add a good few miles to it this year though. Anthony, have a great time up north......plenty pics please.

Comment

No bother John!! Caroline will probably put some on fb shes on the s2forum on fb page! I will post some on here

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post

My S2 is at 72k, hoping to add a good few miles to it this year though. tabletop miniatures Anthony, have a great time up north...... crypto poker online plenty pics please.

It sounds like you've got some exciting plans ahead for your S2, aiming to add more miles this year.
                              Last edited by Robertbozic; 6 October 2023, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbozic View Post

It sounds like you've got some exciting plans ahead for your S2, aiming to add more miles this year.
                                The reality is it's done nothing, although does have a new cam belt and other bits..........but it's not making me smile just sitting in the garage gathering dust?!
                                Will take it for an MOT soon......sometime

Comment

Working...
                                X