No announcement yet.

B5 into B4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is saloon. C4 rears most likely will not fit because C4 is wider. I have C4 avant rear somewhere in garage, i can throw it in tomorrow to compare. For B5 rears i remember someone fitted them in B4 (or B3) around here.

Comment

Okay, that would give me a good indicator. Although ill likely end up biting the bullet and just trying it. thanks

Comment

As promised

C4 vs B4
        Impossible to close doors with it in place

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
          As promised

C4 vs B4
          Thanks for that, looks a much nicer day where you are than it is here! Ive sourced a set of urs4 seats, in the darker colour- which by the looks of things are only going to be useful for the front.as shown here -
          Maybe if i found some jacquard rears out of an 80, the patterns and colour would match up, im not so bothered about the quattro script?
          Your 80 looks very unique in that colour, never seen that on a saloon. Black bumpers?

Comment

Thanks! It's Pelican/Kingfisher blue. Bumper is not painted yet, got it recently.

Comment

Post a photo of the kingfisher blue saloon when it is all painted.

Should look good.

Well wear.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                As promised

C4 vs B4
                agree - more pics of the saloon please

Comment

I would like to see some pics of the saloon as well :-)

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/...0/IMG_4560.jpg

ABY Fronts, B5 S4 rears - its a good, snug fit - details of install on my thread

Comment

sorry, link didn't work:

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
                      B5 seats are doable. Ive got B5 front seats in my car (its possible to swap the subframes, but you would need donor b4 frames) and Lee_Whitehead has fitted b5 rear seats in his b4 saloon.
                      Digging up and old thread.

So let me get this clear, B5 front seats can fit in a B4 if you use the frames from the B4?
                      Does the frame unbolt from the B5/B4 seats or is there some cutting and welding involved?
                      I might have a chance to get some Recaro black leathers from a B5.
                      '96 UrS6 auto PRJ chipped E85
                      '95 80Q AEB VEMS E85

Comment

any idea what car these seats have come from in my s6? they don't look all that pretty, but all the electrics work and they are as comfy as my sofa - no back or butt ache at all!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

MkIII Golf Recaros work well - I had mine retrimmed in quattro script cloth from Audi Tradition. They will go straight in but bending one of the legs will make them fit better

Attached Files

Comment

They look really nice, are they just golf mk 3 seats? Do they recline_?
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeah, got a full set of MKIII 3 door seats and retrimmed them for a total of £580 - that's including the fuel I spent to drive the Avant down to Northampton to pick them up! Used the rear seats for a while as something to kneel on when in the garage

Yeah they recline, as my central locking doesn't work I sometimes pull the seat forward to dump something on the back seat, saving valuable seconds

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisAudi80 View Post
                                Digging up and old thread.

So let me get this clear, B5 front seats can fit in a B4 if you use the frames from the B4?
                                Does the frame unbolt from the B5/B4 seats or is there some cutting and welding involved?
                                I might have a chance to get some Recaro black leathers from a B5.
                                yes b5 front seats fit in b3/b4 buy swapping the frames over. circlips and pins. doable easy 30mins per seat

Comment

Working...
                                X