Insurance madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
    It always amazes me how expensive insurance is in UK!
    For my 1993 s2 i just paid the other day 95£ for one year of insurance.
    Is that CASCO?

Also, you want to see ridiculous insurance quotes, try Belgium, but the you'll struggle to register 99% of the cars on the forum in Belgium anyway....

Still, 15K to insure an S2, something can't be right there...
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
      Is that CASCO?

Also, you want to see ridiculous insurance quotes, try Belgium, but the you'll struggle to register 99% of the cars on the forum in Belgium anyway....

Still, 15K to insure an S2, something can't be right there...
      No, only basic insurance. Meaning that if i make an accident and it's my fault my insurer will pay the repair of the other car. You can't get insurance to pay for your car as well (casco) for older than 10 years cars in Romania.
      I wonder how much would full insurance be in uk for a newer car

Comment

from exprence of a claim with admiral a cheap premium means they skinflint on payout and its easy on a cheap book price car thats old.

suspect most companies would do this.

i live in the insurance (and life) cespit thats oldham, the green and pleasant land as we know it. it cost me 900 quid on a 2 car policy for Audi s2 and BMW 530D MSPORT.

now costs 800 quid for the 80q 16v! all cos of the local coks

Comment

I would say the reason for the hi quote is they didn,t want to give cover. So the easy way out is to give an inflated quote. Also they give a quote as a car being a cat d will not lower the quote, but when you come to make a claim for the car then you,ll get a lower pay out as the car,s a cat d. Clever and Sneaky.

Comment

Not to rub it, but I guess turning 30 helps out! My RS2, through Lancaster, 'modified classic' limited miles renewal just came through at £280. There's some benefits to getting old

My experience is all insurers screw you, I was with Adrian Flux when I wrote off my Coupe and they were utterly useless. The policy they sold did not cover as they advertised, but they basically fobbed me off for not picking up the T&C's. The underwriter gave me low book and deemed the declared mods (which I paid a fortune for) as 'no value'. They went mental when they came to pick up the car and all the 'no value' mods were gone but couldn't really argue
            AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Working...
            X