No announcement yet.

Boost Leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought so and sorry for being slightly short... Works gotten to me today bud. I borrowed a leak kit over Xmas last year as mine doesn't fit hence why I haven't done the test this week lol. Trying to adapt mine so it does fit ha

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
      Oh and rikki seems I'm doing my boost tests again for not the first time this year lol.
      Was meaning who is doing them so I can get mine done

Comment

Oh haha. My bad. Surely a local garage can help with some guidance? If you still waiting over Xmas give me a shout. I'm in Hertfordshire if it helps

Comment

Haven't suffered a boost leak yet after 1 and a half years of ownership..hope I haven't jinxed it lol.

Would like to note, would pulley marks on the intercooler possibly lead to a boost leak?

Good luck Chris
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Your a lucky man then Ryan ha. I would think they could eventually if it wore through damaging the intercooler.

Comment

Boost leak = Grumpy frustrated s2 owner, ha-ha should be a forum sticky

I think the reason no one is explaining step 2 is because there is no step 2
              to your problem for now, as you have now discovered you have a boost leak.
              Good luck tracking it down.
              Dez

Never did overtime until i purchased........s2

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                Never seen one that didn't leak, but I sure saw a lot of bruised egos once the leak was pointed out.
                I spent 18 months arguing that i dont have a boost leak only to discover my NEW after market dump valve was leaking !!!
                Dez

Never did overtime until i purchased........s2

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                  Don't take it personally, I'm just taking the piss
                  Dimitri you make me laugh. Its a good job I know your a nice guy, and with a sense of humour at last. Don't forget my car when you are next over.
                  Christophski It may be you have a boost leak ,but there are a few other things you could cheek, such as Maf plug, dirty Maf, boost gauge connections,Throttle,is it opening fully,
                  Lazy n75,loose plugs. The most likely place for a boost leak, if you have one, are back of the isv, or injector seals. also double check the vac lines. I have a boost test kit some ware that you can borrow, but I just need to remember who I lent it to last.
                  Good luck.

Comment

Altitude sensor?
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                    X