Fools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for you!
    My niece was worried about the brakes on her skoda fabia. I could not look at them until Monday and she wanted to go out that Sat evening but her dad said no (so partly her fault).
    She went to another big tyre company '***' I think there called. New disc and pads x4, they charged £400!!!
    I nearly passed out and told her I could have done it for £100 for the parts!

Comment

Andy that really blow's, hope it's put right ASAP!

I was stung once by Halfords on a set of rear brakes for a MK 1.3 Golf that cost £400, I'd only been driving about two months so didn't really know better at the time. Still in a way it was good thing, when I found out what it should have cost I was so pissed off I vowed to learn how to do everything myself and have done since saving me £1000's.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thats how i started looking after my own cars years ago beacuse of getting ripped of. I would have anyway being a car enthusiast way before i got my liscence at 18.Things were more interesting in those days Mk1 gti's on the road E types old triumphs
        RS 2000,s Capri 280 etc etc.Then came Audi and blew them all away except the E type for a driving experience.

One thing for sure is this is RIP OF BRITAIN. They get away with it untill they do it to people who know whats what.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Oe springs are only 70 ish each. Audi will only sell you the springs based on paint blots etc.,however it is 1 bolt per side once the wheels are off. Its an hours job so by my labour rate 35 quid. I only charge 120 labour for all 4 corners.
          Robbing barstewards!

Comment

She needs to call them give them the chance to put it right, in the mean time call her credit card or bank and warn them of the situation if the garage don't put it right cancel the payment not sure how much time she has to do this I had a nightmare with an engine I bought took 4 weeks to sort out but credit card company were very helpful

Comment

Failing that big sticks and Cattle prods

Comment

I would go back saying you bought this car for your mum, let them know exactly what needs to be done so they know you're mechanically minded on these cars, then sternly grab a stool and sit in the workshop to watch them fix it right with some psychopathic traits and look on your face and make it known that you're not leaving until it's done. They sound like a shop struggling to get by, resorting to scamming money out of people any way they can.
                ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Quick update. She took the car back, along with all my research and pointed out their mistake. To their credit, they accepted the problem and will rectify the issue.

It seems that the issue with the springs is common due to Audi changing things with the facelift cars (where have we heard that before :roll eyes and ECP list the wrong springs for the car but nonetheless, the car was obviously not right, after all, my Mum is about as in technical as you can be and she called me to ask why it was hacked up at the back

The facts still remain though, that if they had not scared her in to leaving the car with them and had let her take it yo Audi to rectify the issue or had fitted the correct parts from Audi, as requested, none of this would have happened... By protecting their margins, they will have cost themselves time sorting the problem out...
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I reckon they should be named and shamed, not just on here but widely once it's sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                      I reckon they should be named and shamed, not just on here but widely once it's sorted
                      I'm guessing, "there ain't none thicker than a quick **** fitter"

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

She picked up the car today and they have resolved the issue by fitting TRW springs. TRW are OE porsche suppliers, so that's fine and the rideheight is spot on.

I think most can work out where is to blame

Lesson from all of this is that a cheap MOT rarely is!
                        Cheers'en, AndyC
                        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          She picked up the car today and they have resolved the issue by fitting TRW springs. TRW are OE porsche suppliers, so that's fine and the rideheight is spot on.

I think most can work out where is to blame

Lesson from all of this is that a cheap MOT rarely is!
                          Excellent outcome then and quick.Nice one!!
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                          X