Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URS6 dampers (keeping the quattro on the road)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nilo In that big post above by UrS4boy above he mentioned the front shocks would be,....... Quote ( The AAN/AECs used 4A0413031J (and maybe 031K) shocks.)

In my unfinished thread S6 Suspension overhaul. post 64 i can at least clear something up on the front. The shocks in that post are genuine nearly new shocks and look brand new from Audi that had been replaced only a few years before i got the car with virtually no mileage on them. They are clearly marked up as 4A0 413 131K and the K denoting Gas shocks and correct for 1BE sport suspension.

Regarding rear shocks you need to find a car with it's original 1BE sport suspension if you can and read the part number off.

From what i researched the way to get the harder ride there are options. Gas shocks being harder with more control than just standard oil. The standard 1BA is the softest different coloured spring dots, then there are 2 types of sport springs for 1BE (same ride height though) . I have 2 pink and 1 silver on my cars front and rear which apparently is the hardest sport spring. There's also 3 pink 1 silver which (member Spink from memory said) thought was softer than the 2 pink 1 silver as he preferred the slightly softer ride. Me i like the harder ride of my set up so prefer 2 pink 1 silver.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
      nilo In that big post above by UrS4boy above he mentioned the front shocks would be,....... Quote ( The AAN/AECs used 4A0413031J (and maybe 031K) shocks.)

In my unfinished thread S6 Suspension overhaul. post 64 i can at least clear something up on the front. The shocks in that post are genuine nearly new shocks and look brand new from Audi that had been replaced only a few years before i got the car with virtually no mileage on them. They are clearly marked up as 4A0 413 131K and the K denoting Gas shocks and correct for 1BE sport suspension.

Regarding rear shocks you need to find a car with it's original 1BE sport suspension if you can and read the part number off.

From what i researched the way to get the harder ride there are options. Gas shocks being harder with more control than just standard oil. The standard 1BA is the softest different coloured spring dots, then there are 2 types of sport springs for 1BE (same ride height though) . I have 2 pink and 1 silver on my cars front and rear which apparently is the hardest sport spring. There's also 3 pink 1 silver which (member Spink from memory said) thought was softer than the 2 pink 1 silver as he preferred the slightly softer ride. Me i like the harder ride of my set up so prefer 2 pink 1 silver.
      Hey, that´s great info! From what I could learn, the 2 pink 1 silver springs (the ones I got from Daniel here) are good for the 1BE suspension for the manual AAN with air-con. This spring is the same as the one used for the S6 Plus manual without aircon, what makes a lot of sense. The 3 pink and 1 silver were good for the V8 and air-con or AAN with auto and air-con, the heavier cars.

Now, considering the dampers, I noticed the K part number is no longer available, except for a used pair in the german ebay, which I don´t really fancy. Now, from what I have researched, the K part was superseded by the L partnumber, which is available in Audi Tradition and I´ll be buying soon. I just hope the L part is the same hardness and rod length as the K part is.

Now, regarding the rear, there are two different numbers: one with G and the other J. G is for AAN whilst J is for the AEC. I was just wondering if maybe the J number is harder or has a different rod length or diameter, and maybe I could sort a harder rear end with original parts, in the house. I guess I´ll just have to try it out and see how it goes!

Regards!

Comment

Working...
      X