No announcement yet.

Had someone crash into me - they're denying fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been to the police station in Halifax and all I got was a f***ing attitude from the miserable witch behind the desk. Hope she burns in hell

Comment

Just been told it's being repaired - that's just what I need I'll be happy to drive it until I sell it, then get a cheap estate to run around in while I fix/modify the S2 In the mean time I hope I keep my job...until the next wave of redundancies in another 6 months

On the plus side Calderdale council have identified the imbecile who crashed into me and my insurer has got in contact as the council obviously can't just hand out information about their taxi drivers to anyone who rings them up

So hopefully he will get his comeuppance very soon indeed!

Comment

Sorry to hear this J,but it just makes my blood boil after reading what that Git's done
        and what he thinks he can get away with.
        This was my boss and I know for a fact if he was around today he would be driving a sick ABY armour plated S2 1500 bhp....
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone heard of this?

Got a call this aft from an 01484 number (that's Huddersfield area code) from I don't know who. When I asked "sorry, who did you say this is" the guy just explained why he was calling. Ok I can let that one slide, give him the benefit of the doubt... Anyway he was calling in regard to my recent accident I've had texts before saying something like 'YOU STILL HAVEN'T CLAIMED FOR YOUR ACCIDENT', err well that crash was mainly my own fault, partly the late March 2013 blizzard's fault.

However, as this crash is 100% that nobedd taxi driver's fault I was willing to listen, with a bit of trepidation. What it boiled down to was that some legislation passed in 2011 meant that in my circumstances I am, allegedly, entitled to a minimum of £2,000 compensation

The fact that it seemed to be completely unsolicited from my insurer and wasn't either a witheld number or an 0800 one has left me a little suspicious, but 2k is not to be sniffed at! Luckily I was waiting to give my mate a lift so I could end the call before committing to anything or dismissing it completely (also, I'm no good at lying ), so I have a day to consider, get other people's opinion and ask Adrian Flux what they have to say about it.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I had a non fault claim a couple of years back.
            Car hit mine while I was in the pub.
            They drove off without leaving details
            A taxi driver having his break on the car park left me a note with reg number and his phone number as witness.
            Long story short-police gave my insurance the details and I claimed.
            I had hundreds of calls text and emails offering compensation claim for injuries!
            I wasn't even in the car!
            Thick companies still rang even after I told them that.
            If something is too good to be true(£2000) then it's probably isn't right.
            Stick with claims through your own company.

Comment

February 12th 2015 the scumbag crashed into me and denied all fault.
              November 4th 2016 his insurer can't get any word from him and finally decide to settle.
              That's 1 year, 8 months and 23 days or 631 days.

The lesson here is it is easy to get away with crashing into someone in Britain and get away with it.

But at least I've got a settlement...

Comment

There is some right dogs about, can't we just drag em out and beat em
                Glad you got a pay out eventually fella I am going through a claim at the moment where a transit tipper driver reversed into me on my bike knocking me 20 ft backwards and unconscious, they admitted liability at the scene made a statement to the police who attended admitting full liability now their insurers are saying they are not willing to admit fault and will proceed with the claim
                I know the insurers have told them not to admit liability, my response is surely the insurers should be charged with perverting the course of justice if the driver has already admitted to police in a statement he was at fault Makes me so mad will take ages now

Comment

Nice that you got it settled...

Another incident in my Hilux again... Stationary in Forest Hill Road/Honor Oak.
                  I'm on an incline but stationary with my foot on the brake.
                  BANG - idiot in a transit van drives in the back of me... gets out and says sorry mate, my fault, just wasn't looking...He said let's not go through insurance as it's only a dent in my bumper - albeit a huge one.

Swapped numbers. Now if you've read the thread, you'll notice my previous incident. Truck was written off, gave me a cash settlement, I kept the truck, as to all intents, it was still roadworthy with a dent in the side... in fact now I think of it, I'm a ****

You read it here first people....

Took it to Weybridge somewhere for assesment a they said it needed just body repair, paint transfers, passenger mirror... no mention of what I saw a few months later when looking underneath ,crack/split in the chassis where impact was. No mention of this... I now realise if they had looked st properly, and seen it,or I did surely this could have been used as evidence to show impact was to me rather than me knocking a bloke of his moped...

Anyhow back to latest "whack" ... I phoned up the insurance company to sort it all out, as didn't want to get stiffed again. Anyhow when I asked the assessor what extent of damage was he said £2800 and it can be cat d write off...

All agreed until a month later- accident was early Oct 2015 - until got spun the yarn from 3rd party of indemnity issues, then a few months later, liability dispute.
                  The lying fat old fl_lcker said I rolled/drove back into him, and that truck was already damaged....

Still waiting for my day in court....

Comment

Rikki... proper gash...
                    Insurance companies are as bad as they get... lying theiving gets....

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                      I am going through a claim at the moment where a transit tipper driver reversed into me on my bike knocking me 20 ft backwards and unconscious, they admitted liability at the scene made a statement to the police who attended admitting full liability now their insurers are saying they are not willing to admit fault and will proceed with the claim
                      I know the insurers have told them not to admit liability, my response is surely the insurers should be charged with perverting the course of justice if the driver has already admitted to police in a statement he was at fault Makes me so mad will take ages now

Totally agree, there are some terrible people about and insurance companies,it sure does make you mad at the injustice of it all and makes my piss boil, You might laugh at this suggestion but if you feel the way you do and i'm with you 100% why not see your MP and complain about it.Thats what they're there for to deal with peoples everyday worries a bit like going to see your doctor.Vent your spline to him or her at least they will talk about it in Parliament amongst themselves and might do something about the complete lack of care and worse still the obvious perverting of justice.Now your MP will definitely be interested in that.
                      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                      96 URS6 plus speck estate
                      94 2.6 80 Avant
                      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub View Post
                        Nice that you got it settled...

Another incident in my Hilux again... Stationary in Forest Hill Road/Honor Oak.
                        I'm on an incline but stationary with my foot on the brake.
                        BANG - idiot in a transit van drives in the back of me... gets out and says sorry mate, my fault, just wasn't looking...He said let's not go through insurance as it's only a dent in my bumper - albeit a huge one.

Swapped numbers. Now if you've read the thread, you'll notice my previous incident. Truck was written off, gave me a cash settlement, I kept the truck, as to all intents, it was still roadworthy with a dent in the side... in fact now I think of it, I'm a ****

You read it here first people....

Took it to Weybridge somewhere for assesment a they said it needed just body repair, paint transfers, passenger mirror... no mention of what I saw a few months later when looking underneath ,crack/split in the chassis where impact was. No mention of this... I now realise if they had looked st properly, and seen it,or I did surely this could have been used as evidence to show impact was to me rather than me knocking a bloke of his moped...

Anyhow back to latest "whack" ... I phoned up the insurance company to sort it all out, as didn't want to get stiffed again. Anyhow when I asked the assessor what extent of damage was he said £2800 and it can be cat d write off...

All agreed until a month later- accident was early Oct 2015 - until got spun the yarn from 3rd party of indemnity issues, then a few months later, liability dispute.
                        The lying fat old fl_lcker said I rolled/drove back into him, and that truck was already damaged....

Still waiting for my day in court....
                        I ****ing hate this country at times and a lot of the lying scumbag **** that wafts about all innocently when under the skin there just trash!! :
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                          Glad you got a pay out eventually fella I am going through a claim at the moment where a transit tipper driver reversed into me on my bike knocking me 20 ft backwards and unconscious, they admitted liability at the scene made a statement to the police who attended admitting full liability now their insurers are saying they are not willing to admit fault and will proceed with the claim
                          I can imagine the anger you are feeling toward this scoundrel. Just try and take solace from the fact that if it does end up in court you will have your story straight and for the other party to tell lies means they are likely going to slip up at some point or just have an altogether unbelievable tale to tell. You are right and eventually people who are in the right get justice...

But then again jubjub may tell you different

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                          I ****ing hate this country at times and a lot of the lying scumbag **** that wafts about all innocently when under the skin there just trash!! :
                          That is probably the main reason I'm leaving this country. These days British people, of all generations, seem to have been brought up to look out for no.1 no matter what, no matter who gets caught up in it, no matter what the effects are other than to themselves. Unfortunately most British people are stupid too - embarrassingly so, I don't know whether we have that reputation around the world but that's what I think of my compatriots - so they believe they are right to do whatever f***ing idiotic actions they think are justified and won't back down and admit their mistakes & apologise.... Oh and most importantly take responsibility for their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                            If I ever get the pleasure of speaking to you at a meet, over a beer/coffee,
                            I'll explain it all.... it really has boiled my piss and beyond.

I've even got a letter sent from my acting insurance/solicitor how they have failed me, and I should use someone else on the case...

I can't understand how you can rationally challenge a rear end collision... it is always the person behind at fault.

Comment

Are you able to call that police report from the time of the accident????

Comment

I drive on the uk roads for a living and can honestly say it's the worst now ever, scumbags and ***** everywhere, this is why I have a dashcam , not just for my own piece of mind, bit in the event it catches some other scumbag driving terribly and or causing an accident I'd have it on camera, and , I'd be more than happy to load onto a stick and pop it in to the nearest police station! Far too many honest decent people being mugged off by total ******s on uk roads..

Lucky nowadays if you have a bump and the person involved actually has insurance and is road legal !!

I urge everyone to get a police approved cam, that can be admissible as evidence in a court of law ..

Comment

Working...
                                X