Had someone crash into me - they're denying fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gazmitchell View Post
    I drive on the uk roads for a living and can honestly say it's the worst now ever, scumbags and ***** everywhere, this is why I have a dashcam , not just for my own piece of mind, bit in the event it catches some other scumbag driving terribly and or causing an accident I'd have it on camera, and , I'd be more than happy to load onto a stick and pop it in to the nearest police station! Far too many honest decent people being mugged off by total ******s on uk roads..

Lucky nowadays if you have a bump and the person involved actually has insurance and is road legal !!

I urge everyone to get a police approved cam, that can be admissible as evidence in a court of law ..
    This!

One of my direct family had a similar one, I won't bore you with the details, their car was stationary and driven into by a bloke driving his bosses pick up truck at speed who then veered off the road into a tree / ditch. They invented a witness (there were no witnesses, country road at night, no cars in front or behind) and six months later submitted a witness statement, the whole claim went down against my relative. Insurer unwilling to go to court and call witnesses bluff (they almost certainly wouldn't have shown at court due to risk of perjury!)

Get a dash cam guys. I got a deal on three cameras (1080p, with GPS) not long after the above incident and hardwired them into our three main family cars. Install and forget. I bought a spare power cable so I can swap my camera into my 205 and just run it from the cigarette lighter on the rare occasions I drive it.

If you do have a scrape and the other party denies liability, you can just upload it to YouTube with their vehicle registration as the video name

PS. Glad you *finally* got a settlement Jack!
    B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Working...
    X