Need Speed - What car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jubjub View Post
    +1 for becoming a member of the Nobility...
    Funny enough, one pulled up behind me in Esso garage in Shortlands/Bromley Saturday morning.
    Nice.
    I drive past one most days. Do not know the owner in the village but if I ever see him, I will be stopping for a chat and to test the water to see if he would take me out in it. They have presence about them for sure but still try and maintain a working class feel about them. Not a big fan of "look at me" cars but there has to be a trade off somewhere if you want out and out performance. Probably why we all like the understated side of the Audi's we drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
      I think the avant is out the question for me now I have thought about it a bit more. Maybe later in life when my mileage is lower and I have a dog and slippers (I might already have the slippers)
      Steady on there... I do not put my dog anywhere near my avant if i can help it hehe... Seriously, Ginger hairs all over the black interior???? Thats why i have the van... the dog goes in that lol.

Honestly, the S2 avant is rubbish for dogs. Mind you i have never tried putting him in the boot. i dont like the idea of him eating the interior. if he goes int he passenger footwell (when hes lucky enough) then i can stop him from trying to get a sneaky nibble in on the car lol. Oh and my slippers are very comfy...

Back to the thread.... isnt a noble made of ford parts though?

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
        Steady on there... I do not put my dog anywhere near my avant if i can help it hehe... Seriously, Ginger hairs all over the black interior???? Thats why i have the van... the dog goes in that lol.

Honestly, the S2 avant is rubbish for dogs. Mind you i have never tried putting him in the boot. i dont like the idea of him eating the interior. if he goes int he passenger footwell (when hes lucky enough) then i can stop him from trying to get a sneaky nibble in on the car lol. Oh and my slippers are very comfy...
        All the more reason to keep him pinned to the boot window under acceleration.

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
        Back to the thread.... isnt a noble made of ford parts though?
        The engine is a Ford Duratec and the back lights are Ford. There might be other bits also. What you lose in impressing the brand snobs, you gain in the ease of sourcing spares.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonialNomad View Post
          All the more reason to keep him pinned to the boot window under acceleration.
          Very true... I remember JP's S6 had a dog lead in teh boot and an incredibly muddy rear window from the inside when i went out in that a few years ago. Made me smile... Poor Amber!

The engine is a Ford Duratec and the back lights are Ford. There might be other bits also. What you lose in impressing the brand snobs, you gain in the ease of sourcing spares.
          ... and we all know how valuable that can be. I wouldnt mind that in all honesty!

Comment

There's a buyers guide in the June issue of evo mag for all three Noble models [emoji6]
            ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
            THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vonbeck View Post
              There's a buyers guide in the June issue of evo mag for all three Noble models [emoji6]
              Cheers. I need a read of that

Comment

Indicator stalks are deffo ford. They look awful haha but guessing i wont be looking at them when travelling wharp speed

Comment

i remember seeing a noble at a training course some years back. it was fine if it didn't rain, it leaked into the engine and into the car,

it always rains in manchester.

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
                    i remember seeing a noble at a training course some years back. it was fine if it didn't rain, it leaked into the engine and into the car,

it always rains in manchester.
                    That sounds about right. I am incapable of buying any vehicle that doesn't leak. It would definitely be a dry weather car and stored inside, so as long as it previously had an indoors life, should be ok.

I went to Uni in Manchester. I think I can count on one hand how many dry days there were in an academic year.

Comment

Cottis, thought you would appreciate these photos.

Hows the new car decision going?

Comment

I'd go for the 944 with either cup 1 or cup 2 alloys

Comment

Cheers Teg, pics look great.

No further down the line in terms of purchasing another car. House sale is close to completion now and the need to find a new place with a garage. Currently living in a rented place in Tysoe which is lovely but has limitations in terms of car ownership.

As long as I find a place with a garage and have not blown my entire bugget on a house, I am almost certain it will be a Noble. The odd advert of RS2's going for £12k do not help though.

Comment

why don;t you have a Noble yet?
                            Report back when you do!
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                              why don;t you have a Noble yet?
                              Report back when you do!
                              If/when I find one, I might drive to Staffs and thank you personally for various help you have offered the last few years. You could have a wee little go in it (maybe) Until then, there will be silence on the subject ha ha.

Comment

I like surprises, well good ones anyway
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X