7A distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    It is either me or my computer or the S2 forum server but "Manage attachments" was like possessed by the devil today from my experience. Re-attached see above.

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

I don't have an actual AAN tuna can dizzy to determine the drive gear size, etc.

I tried to document this before: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22607.phtml
    Very good info. The tuna can dizzy you show in your document is the same as the 3b old style. The 3b new style has a tip on the top end

Originally posted by vidar skotheim View Post
    will fit 3b and 7a . same gear
    Hi mate, depends of your 3b inlet cam gear...

Comment

post resurection So I know my 3b has the AAN cam with the fine pitch, two piece gear on the end...funky but true. Was a late build 3B so I guess maybe a mongrel from the parts bin as no documented change of head or anything else according to the service history.

Question is, which dizzy is the right one and is there any material difference on the rotor arm too. I am expecting that the 'standard' 3b dizzy is not on the car as the cog at the end wouldn't be compatible with the AAN split/sprung finer gear.

A simple...lets get a new rotor arm spawned a thought for price and availability on a new dizzy....wish i had never started looking now
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
      X