No announcement yet.

New Series of Top Gear 8pm tonight BBC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this on series record as they said whole new format?? I enjoy watching all the sillyness but it was a poor mans copy of what Clarkson n co achieved. There wasn't even any new car info or anything which previously they would discuss. A little disappointing but i will continue watching

Comment

well, my memory is bad enough that I can't remember what TG was like when the original trio got together but I doubt it was dynamic right from the off however there is no denying that it was great (at times) during their run.

My thoughts on Evans:

Why on earth does he shout all the time?
      Why on earth does he seem to echo more than Matt?
      Why on earth does he come across as a childrens TV presenter / Butlin's camp comedian / primary school teacher?

I'm too tight to get Amazon Prime so I'll give it time...

Comment

Yes, I just watched it. What was all that nonsense chasing each other around an airfield with super phony gun targeting systems with dodgy joysticks blatantly having no correlation with the superimposed in car screens. It started badly and really didn't get much better. As comments above have said it's awkward, badly scripted or at least badly executed and generally depressing. Actually having said that, I think Matt Le Blancs acting skills kind of held up some of the scripting, but the interviews, tragic...

I will at least give it a chance to sort it out.
        RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
        RS2 - LHD on the road again
        RS2 - reduced to component parts
        RS2 Saloon replica
        A4 1.8T
        BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
        sigpic

Comment

Just watched on iplayer.
          Does the BBC honestly think that watching this I would belive Evans can not only drive properly but also beat Sabine around a track.

Comment

Glad I missed it

Comment

After reading this i dont think i have to watch it.

when does clarksson, hammond, may show starts ?
              Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

Originally posted by Filip_FIN View Post
                After reading this i dont think i have to watch it.

when does clarksson, hammond, may show starts ?
                Soon I hope still think it's a couple of months away

It will be interesting to know what the viewing figures were for last nights Top Gear and then next Sunday's figures

Comment

to be honest the start of top gear with the 3 "old" guys was boring too.. I have to admit that even some series with these guys had been very disappointing (scripted, not funny, etc) too. The last series was much better though, but all in all you lack new ideas after these years.. And that´s why it is like that..

BBC are going to have the viewers, maybe not as much as with Clarkson in the beginning but the future will bring.. I think LeBlanc has a similar humour so i think it´s going to be better..
                  S2 Coupe ABY
                  S2 Sedan
                  S6 20V Avant
                  www.audis2.de

Comment

Yeah, the old Top Gear kind of looked like it had run it's course anyway, it was only the non scripted parts that were funny. I hope they have some fresh ideas for their new show.

What a wasted opportunity. Chris Evans is such a shouty knob end with no class, shoehorning him into Clarkson's role was a big fail. Just thinking back to watching it last night, the 'challenge' was embarrassing to watch, there's no chemistry there. Joey looks uncomfortable, like he took the job cos he had nothing else going. That jeep challenge too... painful!

Shame on you BBC, pull your socks up!!
                    RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                    RS2 - LHD on the road again
                    RS2 - reduced to component parts
                    RS2 Saloon replica
                    A4 1.8T
                    BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree the old TG had run its course. And what do they do, they try to copy it.
                      Stupid gun chase, Clarkson done that, Reliant rubbish, done that.
                      I bet next week they drop a caravan.

Comment

It wasn't great, but I guess we have to remember this is their very first episode together, so there is no chemistry chemistry between them yet. Clarkson, Hammond and May been together for 23(?) seasons. As long as they listen to audience reviews and comments and take them into an account I think it'll get better.
                        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
                          As long as they listen to audience reviews and comments and take them into an account I think it'll get better.
                          Well it won't be this season, as the whole lot has been filmed already.

Have to echo much of what has been said, but I'll stop short of blaming the presenters. This was ALL the producers fault. Evans et al were doing a job and being told what to do. The producers sort out the format and the script. They are the ones who should have their head on a block for this travesty.

When I saw the machine guns I couldn't believe it - rehash, but I hoped it might get better. When I saw the Reliants, I almost switched off. Sabine is cool, but we need more of her and less of the other two.

Easy to see that this whole series is going to revolve about USA v's UK. Pointless.

The rallycross track was the only feature worth watching. Strange that, being 'different' from before........
                          John

A Small Collection...

Comment

You have to credit the BBC here with its unbiased report of its own show..

The guy in the video is pretty much spot on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36411819

Clarkson, Hammond, May Twitter accounts curiously silent on the matter. Credit to them really. They must have an agreement between themselves to keep quiet on it.

I wonder how they all feel. Everyone saying how smug they will be, but they must have mixed feelings watching that, James May has been quite supportive of Evans..
                            Last edited by Audi J; 30 May 2016, 12:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi J View Post
                              You have to credit the BBC here with its unbiased report of its own show..

The guy in the video is pretty much spot on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36411819

Clarkson, Hammond, May Twitter accounts curiously silent on the matter. Credit to them really. They must have an agreement between themselves to keep quiet on it.

I wonder how they all feel. Everyone saying how smug they will be, but they must have mixed feelings watching that, James May has been quite supportive of Evans..
                              Viewing figures down by 1 million already and thats after the first show and to be fair people would have been tuning in last night to see what the first one would be like I bet next weeks figures will be close to 3 million?

I think the previous 3 presenters will have to keep quiet as part of an agreement and they would have watched that and thought WTF? and guessing the kind of characters they are they will be a bit upset to see how poor the first episode was.

Comment

Did any of you guys watch TG Extra with Chris Harris and Rory Reid? Both of them are much better presenters that Evans or Matt, much more enjoyable to watch.
                                '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                                '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X