Autodoc.co.uk - a word of warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodoc.co.uk - a word of warning

Just thought I would document the current pain with Autodoc trying to get two rear coupe tie-rods purchased.

Ordered Sunday 2 genuine Lemforder rear TCA's for £57each
    On order payment, it suggested delivery in 24-48hrs and items in stock
    Tuesday night i get a call to confirm delivery address and card details as a first order and request someone is in on Friday for delivery. Told to await shipping tracking number
    Wednesday - nothing sent to me via email so casual enquiry on their online chat to be told they dont have stock - WTF, they called me to confirm payment and check address and tell me dispatch imminent
    Told they will be at least 2 days into their warehouse in Germany then sent to UK
    THEN told they ones in warehouse are damaged and need to order more...at which point i lost my sense of humour.

Was left wondering what the hell was going on then suddenly i get shipping details telling me they are collected.....

I thought I would share the transcript of one of the chat sessions as it's just crazy:

Chat started
    David Corbin
    hi
    i was mid chat with someone and my PC died
    Customer Service
    We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.
    David Corbin
    i was talking to someone about order 3047526
    Naton Michaelson joined the chat
    Naton Michaelson
    let me check please
    ok, let me help you, we can offer you to wait 48 hours and in this time will be used to check when the parts will be available
    David Corbin
    i had a call yesterday evening to confirm the parts would be shipped...?
    i was told they would be with me Friday this week and I would get a shipping number. I am checking when I will get the tracking number
    Naton Michaelson
    yes, ok, so , we spoke with the manufacturer, and the parts will arrive to us in 2 days, so the order will be shipped to you
    David Corbin
    but two days to you will mean I wont be getting them on Friday which is what you told me yesterday
    Naton Michaelson
    the standard shipping time to UK is 3-5 working days
    David Corbin
    the last person I spoke with told me the parts were defective so you were out of stock? What is the truth, I am really not very happy
    Naton Michaelson
    we ordered them from the manufacturer, and the parts must arrive to us
    David Corbin
    so let me get this clear...
    I ordered on Sunday...the order suggested delivery 11=12th July
    I then got a call yesterday from someone to confirm my credit card and deliver details and he told me the parts would be with me by Friday
    and now i check for the tracking number and you tell me I wont get them for 3-5 days?
    what is going on??!?!?!?!?
    Naton Michaelson
    sir, i'm sorry, but the standard shipping time is 3-5 working days, because the parts were defective, we had to order the new parts from the manufacturer, that's why it took so long. i apologize for this
    David Corbin
    and yet nobody has called me or emailed me to tell me of this delay. I discover this on a casual enquiry on the tracking number
    Naton Michaelson
    we really apologize for this
    David Corbin
    this is not good enough, you took my money and told me they would be here on Friday and I should be in to recieve them from the courier...so I would have wasted my time on a failed promise
    you even called me to confirm my details and told me they would be shipped yesterday....
    Naton Michaelson
    yes, and after that, the packers saw the problem with the parts
    David Corbin
    what problem exactly? they are cast iron
    Naton Michaelson
    unfortunately i don't know this details, the packers said that the part has a defect and we need to order other parts from manufacturer
    unfortunately the working day is over, and i have to go as the office is closing. please contact us later for more details
    David Corbin
    so what is the date when I will get the 'new' parts?
    Naton Michaelson
    tomorrow*
    you will get them next week, the exact date will be after you will receive the tracking number
    David Corbin
    this is a joke....you take my money, didn't tell me and I have no alternative date. is this how Autodoc operate?
    who is your CEO...I'd like to make them aware of how a customer is treated
    Naton Michaelson
    http://www.autodoc.co.uk/services/company here is the informaion, unfortunately i have to go as the office is closing
    please contact us tomorrow
    David Corbin
    why is nobody contacting me???
    Naton Michaelson left the chat

So currently, absolutely no idea what is going on and awaiting a call back, maybe I will recieve something, maybe not....who knows lol

May be an isolated incident but to be honest they dont appear to have a bloody clue whats going on.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Service with a smile and a stab - ridiculous !
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Also sounds like an "offsite" call centre... the English is not great...

I would think they are a supplier with everything in stock, ie, it's in stock via their suppliers, but that is poor...

Good luck
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

yeah its a pain to say the least. Car stuck on axle stands with no MOT until sorted which is equally frustrating...
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Sorry to hear of your trouble, and yea dropshippers suck.
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

I doubt you will get the product anytime soon off them i would be getting my money back and going elsewhere

Comment

I bought a couple of rear TCA's from Pauliusb2.........no problems with anything whatsoever.
              I'd recommend him.

Comment

Autodoc,bestpartstore,buycarparts and several other names are for a Berlin based company.They hold no stock,know nothing about car parts and are really just a packing company.
                They are fine if all goes well,but if you encounter problems you will have a long wait for any resolution.I have currently been waiting 3 weeks for correct parts to be sent to me after receiving the wrong ones originally.They are well versed in using delaying tactics,including vague chat sessions,patronising emails,and blaming the parts manufacturer.They will also stretch the truth when it suits them.
                It is a real PITA ,but it seems all you can do is wait as it is obvious they dont care about their customers.

Comment

Isn't it drop shipping?
                  I had a similar issue with some company on eBay.
                  Said 24 hr delivery so I bought from them to get on with the job.
                  Delivery was 24 hr. But it took them over a week to decide to send the parts!
                  So they ve lost my business now-was going to order a set of Koni s from them
                  And funnily enough Autodoc were suggested for shocks too.
                  Think I'll stick with Demon Tweeks-don't live that far away-so can always go and shout at someone!

Comment

well i have an identical experience, ordered rear brake pad for my Nissan Xtrail, VALEO Brand, without a notice send me MAPCO instead of Valeo ! When i ask why they said : well we haven't this item in stock so we have sent your replacement part more expensive.... I have chatted with them several dozeon of minutes and then after i said i dont want MAPCO they said : ok we will send you by email a shipping back coupon and... never receive days after so because it was hurry (my wife daily's car) i put MAPCO brakes but the next time i'll be very aware

i have done 2 or 3 orders with them until today without problem (SKF bearing 2x less expensive than same SKF here in France on internet site !!) then like URQ20V says : They are fine if all goes well

Tof
                    sigpic

Comment

just to conclude this thread on a positive note, after all the fun and games, two rear track rods have actually arrived today. Not exactly what I expected as an initial experience and highly likely I won't be going back to buy more but on the plus side, I can now get them on the car and get it MOT'd tomorrow hopefully...then tracked!

Cheers
                      David
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out for you David! I won't order from them again either. On Monday they quoted delivery for Tues/Weds on a TTRS blower motor that I needed by today.

Quizzed them today and got a light apology, will be shipped shortly. Quickly followed by a BS mail stating that payment has now cleared (it did so on Tuesday according to MBNA) and it will be shipped in due course. No commitment on a delivery date.

Not sure whether to just pay the extra £70 and get it from ECP, and call MBNA to reverse it, or hope the lube-and-run trick keeps working for my trip to Germany this weekend.
                        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

good for cheap parts if your not in a hurry. A car that you need urgent parts for get to the local parts guy. the fast service of the local shop will reflect in the price offcourse
                          1967 fiat 500 future project
                          1976 audi 100 coupe S
                          1989 vw corrado 16V
                          1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
                          1994 audi RS2 project
                          1994 audi RS2 parts car
                          1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

I have used them twice in the last few months and they were spot on. Parts shipped from Europe in less than seven days, all as advertised.

Sorry to hear of other people's issues.
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Autodoc for greece had a weird request from me regarding my debit card. They emailed me to send them a copy of my passport and a photo of the card. I declined as these are not safe methods of sending details to someone

Comment

Working...
                              X