No announcement yet.

Autodoc.co.uk - a word of warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to update, the correct OEM part arrived today so albeit 15 days on a "1-2 days delivery" estimate they came good. To be fair 25% cheaper than the nearest supplier and less than half the Stealer!

Fortunately the old one is still hanging on, the constant running on full blast this past week is probably what it needed and this can stay on my parts shelf until it dies again!

In short: ignore the shipping times on the website and only use them if you can wait a couple of weeks for the part and want the best deal.
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

In Estonia (Autodoc.ee) was buying 3 times from them, without any problem.. normal prices...
      Every country have different customer service, that is bad.
      Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
      Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
      Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

Same horrific experience with AUTO DOC this website or should is say loads of website across Europe mainly. I have ready most of their team are based out of Ukraine. I have ordered two pieces that never came and took so long to ship when they were mentioned to be in stock. Clearly this business is an order crushers. all they want is Orders, no matter what is the customer enduring. Besides their support is really untrained and mostly clueless they keep changing ticket manager all the time. Their way of doing business is very misleading very far from our European standards.

I recommend Oscaro, i was delivered the next day, unbelievable.

Why would you go and advertise in stock pieces just to have them sold on the back of the customer schedule ? its insane.

to finish with be aware of their photos showing side of the cars, they are SOMETIMES reversed sometimes, go and figure !

Comment

Obviously just the way they operate. In desperation a month or so back i looked for a pair of new rear calipers for my coupe..in stock, proceeded to order them and then they responded with wanting bank details passport and other stuff to ‘validate me’ even though i had ordered stuff in the past. Told them no way was i providing a slug of unneccesary personal data then hit with a barrage of emails trying to convince me otherwise. Seems a crazy approach to online purchasing full stop. Will be steering clear permanently going forwards...just a waste of time and hassle over everything.
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Interesting, I have had no problems at all with the 2 parts I ordered from Autodoc. Seems like a they can supply a huge amount of parts at decent prices.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Not denying people have had bad times with AutoDoc but having used them a good few times now, I've never been messed around... Lucky maybe but I recently got Bilstein B6 dampers from them, £100 each which was a good bit less than all the UK sellers. I qualified for free postage and considering the order was over the Christmas period; they turned up within a week. No problems here!

(other than the ridiculous chat function that pops up in the corner of the screen)

Comment

edit
                Last edited by Jesse; 14 August 2018, 10:06.

Comment

Its ok to deal with them buying brake pads or oil filters, but when question is about original part, or about rare parts, fit or not they have problems, they try to sell me a6 fenders in case of S6... they ware telling me that they are 100% the same, that they know better...
                  Audi S6 C4 2.2T Quattro 1997, full rebuild....
                  Audi A5 Sportback V6 2.7 TDI 2011
                  Volkswagen Phaeton V6 3.0 TDI 2009

Comment

I've spent over £1000 with auto doc over the past 6 months. On three occasions i have had issues and each time it's been a nightmare sorting it out with their customer services.
                    My most recent issue was with a slave cylinder. The one they sent would not fit. I contacted them, sent photos and measurements showing that it would not fit. They did not agree and said that it was the correct listed part for my car. Also, as I not paid the safe order, they would not accept a return!
                    I pointed out the consumer laws that covered this sale, both in the UK and EU. After more emails and raising a complaint with PayPal, they finally agreed to accept the part back and pay postage. I am waiting for my refund.
                    Auto Doc could be so good, if only they sorted out their after sales service. The phone App is very good, prices are good and packaging and delivery times ok.
                    i ordered the correct slave cylinder from Pete at Quattro corner on tuesday. It was a bit more expensive but it arrived yesterday and is a perfect fit!
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I’ve ordered wheel bearings, filters and a few other parts over the past year or 2. I currently have shocks on route too, and so far had no issues. Other than its never fast. But always paid by PayPal and will on any online sites purely for the reason that if it’s not right and customer service is poor i can still get PayPal to sort it for me and there resolution process does work.

Comment

All these drop shipping sites are ***** and none of them know their products - you need to do your own research on the correct aftermarket parts to order as they just list every part from every supplier's database, regardless of it it is the correct part or even if it is available.
                        The trouble is they work with such massive volumes they charge virtually at cost and so people are drawn in by the cheap prices - for example my wholesale supplier at work cannot buy parts direct from ZF in Germany as cheap as Autodoc they sell them for. Buyer Beware.
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I purchased from them for several times, without any kind of problem.

Parts takes 5 to 6 business days to arrive.

You should know the parts number to avoid mistakes!
                          92' UrS4 2.2T
                          89' 80 Quattro 2.3 20v
                          93' 80 1.9 TDI
                          92' 100 2.5 TDI
                          99' Cabriolet 1.9 TDI

Comment

Working...
                          X