No announcement yet.

S2 as a daily ? Anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my s2 since 1999 and used it as my daily until 2 years ago never really put a foot wrong apart from radiator and oil temp sender it was only 4 miles to work though
    ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
    THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Should have mentioned breakdowns. I can only think of two, fuel pump and cam sensor, both known issues with cars over 100k miles so i should really have known better.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

My ABY was a daily driver 2002-14 and I would still be driving her if NLA parts were not an issue ( in my case the rear subframe ). I had already bought parts from the USA (at high price) and do not use paypal. I had most of the issues already mentioned:- fuel pump (the only on-road breakdown), coil pack, POS and wiring, radiator and coolant hoses (esp the one under the MFTS !!!), rear callipers !, steering rack (£££), all pressure piping ( esp the one under the ISV !!) etc, etc. On the plus side (apart from all that we love with these cars )it was relatively easy to service; (I had a Fumoto oil drain valve), plugs easy, amazingly low tyre wear, MPG in the low 20s and better on a run (ran best on 95 RON). Life was easier when Vagparts were still in business (RIP).
        I was dreading losing her ( subframe was an MOT failure - despite Waxoil treatment ) and spent a long time researching a replacement. I went turbo diesel and am very happy, but still look back with great fondness..... Good luck if you decide to jump back. In my case it ended up being just too much (expensive) hassle.

Comment

My 3B S2 Coupe has been my daily since 2004 interspersed with a couple of S2 Avants and a B5 RS4
          The coupe is still my favourite.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Both my rs2s were dailys for about 4/5 years...and in battle hardened SE London...
            Brakes and petrol were the most expensive....
            Current car however just sits there

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
              Should have mentioned breakdowns. I can only think of two, fuel pump and cam sensor, both known issues with cars over 100k miles so i should really have known better.
              I'll jinx mine now but I will say in the 16.5yrs, 140k+ miles I have owned mine it has never stranded me away from home. Couple of times on the driveway, both were battery issues but never been collected by a flatbed or attended to by a breakdown company. Quite an achievement when I think about pretty much every other car we have ever owned...
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

My S2 is the only car I have and is used daily when not getting fixed or moded Most of the time she's fine but petrol MPG is an issue, especially when the turbo kicks in

Comment

Daily-ing my CQ20V, and wouldn;t have it another way TBH, this way you HAVE to keep up the maintenance so you can enjoy it any point, not have it broken in the garage for months at a time.

Comment

Used my 3B as a daily up until I killed it a month ago, never let me down and did 1800 miles around Scotland in April with issue apart from the starter motor jamming.

Maintainace is key, replace parts before they brake as opposed to afterwards.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

S2 as a daily ? Anyone

I daily my rs2 and love it. When I first got it I had to work through a host of issues but most of those were as a result of it now being driven by the previous owners. I am with the crowd on living and driving. And while I take extra care in car parks and other idiocy spots I drive it like it it wants it.

Comment

Perfect daily for me. If petrol is no issue.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Comment

Daily no probs.a year so far with no problems apart from the things i didn't sort out before going on the road.but they are just cosmetics.doing around the same mpg as my s4 so quite good.would recommend as better than modern audis i would say and more you drive it,more you trust it...
                          and then there is this smile on my face every time im driving it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
                            You will never mind going to work that's for sure!! To and from work- best parts of my day.

Yes!!! Thats the one!!!

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Comment

Used my s2 engined 90 quattro as a daily for a number of years with no major issues. Just normal wear n tear items.
                              1991 90 quattro 20v sport 450 bhp
                              Rs2 engined ur quattro sold
                              11 golf tdi

Comment

Working...
                              X