Hamilton. Unsportsmanlike ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
    Hamilton is a tool but there is also no point racing properly as he would just win at a canter. His tactics were fine in my book and made it far more interesting than him disappearing off into the distance which would just have resulted in yet another boring race.
    Fully agreed. I do think F1 would be far more interesting with about half the amount of laps, too many times the only excitement comes from the ones who race their way forward after a PIT stop.

I wouldn't be watching F1 if Verstappen was not competing, I think he is an awesome driver who makes F1 interesting again.

Comment

1st time in over 20 years I didn't watch a full race for the whole season.

Just abit of a different take on things.

Commentary team, like coultard, for his race knowledge, don't like the other guy.
      He just doesn't have that connection to the tv audience (,didn't he come from radio) that dare I say Murray had.

No wonder I drop off into the land of ZZZZZZZ

As for Hamilton great racer, which is what I want to see. When it comes to the talky personality bit at the end of a race, i'm already ZZZZZZZZ

Wake me up when Moto GP starts

rs2315.
      sigpic

Comment

He wasn't un-sportsmanlike. Team orders are unsporting, well done Hamilton for ignoring orders to make the race boring, if he had done as he was told I'd have switched off. The likes of Senna and Schumacher would have shown the same dedication to winning.

Surely Nico didn't expect a racer like Lewis to make it easy for him. While I don't think Lewis should deserve sports personality of the year i can't knock his ability behind the wheel.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

Some great spread of opinions and reactions...

Just saw this....
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmitchell View Post
            Some great spread of opinions and reactions...
            Just saw this....
            I guess you missed Sonic's post (No. 19) on Page 2.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by adam g View Post
              He wasn't un-sportsmanlike. Team orders are unsporting, well done Hamilton for ignoring orders to make the race boring, if he had done as he was told I'd have switched off. The likes of Senna and Schumacher would have shown the same dedication to winning.

Surely Nico didn't expect a racer like Lewis to make it easy for him. While I don't think Lewis should deserve sports personality of the year i can't knock his ability behind the wheel.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
              It was un-sportsmanlike. How folk are saying otherwise is just blinkered as LH is their darling. That's understandable.

Comparisons with Senna and Schumacher are very apt, both could be right nasty *******s on the track, often the very definition of unsportsmanlike. That's part of elite racing.

Nice guys finish last. Lewis isn't a nice guy on track, most winners are not, but let's not pretend what he was doing wasn't un-sportsmanlike It sets him apart from most of the grid, but let's call a spade a spade

Comment

Good summing up Sidrick...
                but...just that last bit, you might want to re-phrase, as it obviously wasn't meant that way!

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzie50 View Post
                  Good summing up Sidrick...
                  but...just that last bit, you might want to re-phrase, as it obviously wasn't meant that way!
                  Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                  It was but let's call a spade a spade
                  FLucking Lacist.
                  RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Where I'm from it just means to call something what it is, and cut out the BS. I had no idea it could be interpreted as anything else and I really, really hope I'm not being accused of being racist, UrS4boy

I've since Googled it and it seems only those that want to twist the term will. It's not a racist term and it certainly wouldn't even cross my mind to use it as such. If people are reading into it then perhaps they need to look at themselves before casting aspersions.

Comment

I think the obvious favouritism displaid by the mercedes top brass is the real cause of the problem.
                      Who knows how deep it runs.
                      Several things looked very auccastrated this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 220bhp View Post
                        I think the obvious favouritism displaid by the mercedes top brass is the real cause of the problem.
                        Who knows how deep it runs.
                        Several things looked very auccastrated this year.
                        my thoughts exactly...
                        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                          Where I'm from it just means to call something what it is, and cut out the BS. I had no idea it could be interpreted as anything else and I really, really hope I'm not being accused of being racist, UrS4boy

I've since Googled it and it seems only those that want to twist the term will. It's not a racist term and it certainly wouldn't even cross my mind to use it as such. If people are reading into it then perhaps they need to look at themselves before casting aspersions.
                          t's an american derived term with a very racist background, it has no different meaning in the UK.

Comment

Really?! I have never heard or considered "call a spade a spade" in a racist context before in my life, and after some quick reading seems to date back several hundred years before the US even existed as a country as "a figurative expression which refers to explicitly calling something as it is, by its right name."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_a_spade_a_spade

To "call a spade a spade" is a figurative expression which refers to calling something "as it is",[1] that is, by its right or proper name, without "beating about the bush"—being outspoken about it, truthfully, frankly, and directly, even to the point of being blunt or rude, and even if the subject is considered coarse, impolite, or unpleasant. The idiom originates in the classical Greek of Plutarch's Apophthegmata Laconica, and was introduced into the English language in 1542 in Nicolas Udall's translation of the Apophthegmes, where Erasmus had seemingly replaced Plutarch's images of "trough" and "fig" with the more familiar "spade." The idiom has appeared in many literary and popular works, including those of Oscar Wilde, Charles Dickens, W. Somerset Maugham, and Jonathan Swift.

Full definition

To call a spade a spade or call a spade a shovel is a figurative expression which refers to explicitly calling something as it is,[1] by its right name.[2][3] The implication is that one tells the truth about the nature of the thing,[4] speaking frankly and directly about it,[2][3] including subjects, even if coarse, or considered impolite or unpleasant.[4][2][3] Brewer defined it in 1913 as being "outspoken, blunt, even to the point of rudeness", adding that it implies ones calling "things by their proper names without any 'beating about the bush'".[5]
                            Sorry for OT!
                            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Breaking News. Nico Rosberg retires from Formula 1 with immediate effect

https://www.facebook.com/nicorosberg...815043119874:0

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg

B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Yep confirmed at multiple sources.

Statement from Rosberg here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1...nounces-shock/
                                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X